1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

When Dallas Beats Redskins Who Will We Play in the 1st Round?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by sjordan6, Dec 24, 2012.

1. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,996 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    The 49ers would probably be the easier victory based on matchups, but I want to get revenge on Seattle for the victory earlier this year and the playoff loss years ago.
  2. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...if Romo and his special ed oline can score more than 40 on the defense you saw tear UP the whiners last night, you'll get your wish.:laugh2:
  3. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,166 Messages
    1,106 Likes Received
    Forget revenge -- sometimes a matchup is just bad.

In 1995, I was so happy the Packers knocked the 49ers out of the playoffs. It cleared the path for the Cowboys 3rd Superbowl -- the Cowboys owned the Packers.

Conversely in 1996, my Packer family members were ecstatic that the Panthers knocked the Cowboys out of the playoffs -- no Packer fan wanted anything to do with the Cowboys. That cleared the path for a Packer superbowl victory.

There is no shame is recognizing a particular team represents a bad playoff matchup.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,690 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    Agreed, nice post. I don't want any part of Seattle. They do all the things that will make it very difficult to win - run the ball, play defense, don't commit turnovers. And the way their corners play will really slow up our offense.

I don't trust the 9ers to do that.
  5. el_chevo

el_chevo El Serrano

872 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I want the seachickens and I want to punch them in the mouth, especially their trashy coach.
  6. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,342 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    it is no longer possible to play them twice in a row, that was conditioned on Seattle losing two in a row.
  7. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,651 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Both of their corners could possibly be suspended. Browner is already suspended and Sherman could be joining him soon.
  8. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,434 Messages
    2,789 Likes Received
    I have MN @ GB and Sea @ Dal WC weekend. MN will upset GB and knock the Skins out of the playoffs. If MN loses to GB this week then Was is at GB.
  9. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,462 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    this would make me very happy
  10. CitySlicker202

CitySlicker202 Member

92 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    If it means anything to anybody, the Cowboys are 2-10 on Week 17 since 2000 (half of which in the Romo era). I'm looking forward to this game, I intend to be slightly drunk in a mixed room of Skins and Cowboys fans at a house party.

31-28 Skins
  11. weaver21

weaver21 Member

627 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Seattle can actually still win the second seed if they win and Green Bay and San Francisco 49ers lose. Green Bay can definitely lose to the Vikings, but San Fran plays the Cardinals so it's unlikely they lose that game.
  12. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,604 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Oh how sweet the redemption would be if we got Seattle and Romo was able to lead the Boys on a game winning drive. All those demons from the last Seattle playoff loss would be exorcized. Also, we would have sweet revenge from the loss earlier this season.
  13. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Why is Brown suspended and what excatly is the illegal substance abuse charge that Sherman is facing?

I'm not big conspiracy guy, but have to admit where there's smoke there's almost always fire?

You have a known "rule breaker" with questionable character at the helm....
    Who's loaded his roster with plenty of like minded thug types.....
    And now we're seeing "amazing" on field results and substance abuse claims.
  14. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,037 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  15. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Yup, that's pretty much it. But since Seattle beat us earlier this season, I want Seattle. But first...

...I want to crush the Washington RGIIIs.
  16. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,419 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    Any team, Dez will go too work
  17. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,834 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Skins fans are scared of Dez.
  18. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Every team should be
  19. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would rather play the Niners!. The Seahawks have a monster defense, every single one of those guys up front are big physical players. Their offensive line is big and strong they bully people..We know they bullied us all game. Lynch is an animal out there, you better believe it..I DO NOT WANT SEATTLE. Have to respect what that team is doing.
  20. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,042 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    Seattle. They will likely be without Sherman, probably the best man-to-man corner in the league. Still a good solid and very physical team.