1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

When Dallas Released Carter they took the heart of the team out of the players

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MikeD17, Oct 13, 2004.

1. MikeD17

MikeD17 Benched

678 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Imagine for a second your a Cowboys Player from Last season , you felt good about the things you did last year, you liked the momentum you had going into this year.

You go into training camp one morning and you find out that the guy who lead you to the playoffs , your starting qb ,team captain and leader has just been cut .

Rumors abound.

After getting over the intial stages of Shock , You then realize that the starting qb is the NEW old guy your team just signed. Some guy you remember when you were 8 years old . You look at him at training camp and you say ...man is this guy going to lead us to the super bowl? Quickly the old qb gets the name GRANPA , many players make fun of his age . Its hard not to , this qb plays old , throws old and moves old . But your stuck , your Qb from last year who had the great throwing arm , the atheltic moves to get out of trouble and to pick up first downs with his legs when needed is gone .

Now you got some old guy , some NEW old guy calling the shots out there .

You have your doubts . nOW YOUR 2-2 , AND YOU cant help to think how things would be different if you still had Quincy .
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven New Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I couldn't be happier without him, to be honest with you.
  3. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I'm one of the few that doesn't think that this is much of an upgrade if at all, but prepare for the flames.
  4. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,184 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    How about the next person that starts a thread about Carter gets BANNED.

Make it happen, mods.
  5. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I think players dont care who the hell is QB, as long as we are scoring points. We didnt with Carter and we are not with Vinny.
  6. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    How about a whole separate forum?

I'll bet that forum would probably be close to equaling this one with posts.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,658 Messages
    2,671 Likes Received

[IMG]

Hmmm....well maybe....you know .....ok not this time. :p
  8. DallasKnight

DallasKnight New Member

639 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Carter who?
  9. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Which is what I think everybody's problem is.

We now have a veteran QB, who shouldn't be starting the game off with an "almost" INT. If this "bus" wasn't very good last year and we still got 10 wins from it, this "bus" seems alot slower.
  10. DallasCowpoke111

DallasCowpoke111 Benched

2,242 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NEVER, in the history of forum boards, has the avatar under a poster's name, FIT said poster more appropriately!!!
  11. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,366 Messages
    1 Likes Received

You are correct ........it probably would.
  12. DLK150

DLK150 The Quiet Man

1,311 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If that former player was the heart, it spent a good deal of the second half of the season in arrythmia and went into cardiac arrest against Carolina. He's gone, it's done, get over it, move on.
  13. 5 Super Bowls

5 Super Bowls Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I second the motion.
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven New Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Well put. He was terrible.
  15. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,184 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    As it was before Carter got released, the vast majority of those starting these threads are the Carter supporters. They start these threads to get a reaction from the other side.
  16. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Dont feed the troll.

He got that avatar for a reason.
  17. MikeD17

MikeD17 Benched

678 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    first off , hostile needs to change my avatar , he said 2 weeks and doesnt honor his word .

secondly this thread will out post 95 percent of the other current topics.
  18. SoTex

SoTex Giddy Up

1,136 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For the same reason people line up behind the flap at the freak show tent.
  19. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    That really has nothing to do what I said.

Besides, I seemed to me that prior to his release a vast majority of those that were started had to do with how "HE" caused us to lose this game or that game.

It's a moot point anyway.
  20. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Carter made a brutal mistake....let the team down....let even some of us fans down.

But he still should be on this team. We should of let him be our backup.

Now we max protect....we won't play our best RB ( not to hard to be better then Eddie) because as Bill said...." He can't trust him"....and if Vinny goes down...so does our season.

So by releasing Carter.....we basically put all our eggs in one basket with a statue of a QB....who doesn't have a cannon of a arm like most have said here....who does throw ints...and misses reads and is just driving the bus like Carter did last year.

Vinny may be a upgrade in some areas but he is still a bus driver who needs protection.

Bills gameplan against the Giants proved it. Didn't trust our OL...our blitz pickups...etc....all because of Vinny's lack of mobility and the lack of experience behind him

4th and inches......If Carter was our backup....its a sneak.