1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

When does Parnell replace Free?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jenky, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,158 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    So when does Parnell finally replace Free? It breaks my heart to see Romo scrambling for his life every play, while Doug Free is getting plowed into the backfield. His hands, footwork and strength look awful. He really looks like a big fat slug out there.
  2. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    I think a lot of it has to do with having a scrub playing RG. They need to replace the Center, Right Guard, Right Tackle and bring in someone to compete with Livings at LG. This won't get done in one offseason.
  3. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,892 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    Livings is like is Koiser was, not ideal but we can live with him. Costa is competent at center. We need a RT and a RG in the offseason, thats not out of the realm of possibility.
  4. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    Costa is an unproven commodity. How many games has he played this year? He wasn't good last year.
  5. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,158 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    Most of the time, he's getting owned 1 on 1 with a standard bull rush or a speed rush to the outside. He looks so weak to me.
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    When Free gets hurt. That seems to be the only way a player gets replaced.
  7. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Well I think its kinda hilarious when I read what needs to be done to the OL to make it dominant, like we can really do that in one offseason. It took years for teams in this league like the 9ers to build dominant OLs, years, and throwing all of our resources at it in one offseason and expecting some dominant unit is wishful thinking.

Anyone would want a dominant OL, problem is it is well underestimated how much time it actually takes to build one. Hopefully we can start the process of having one this offseason while also addressing other needs on the team.
  8. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,353 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    If it didn't happen last night, it never will
  9. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,892 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    I am saying we have bigger fish to fry. He has shown he may be able to be our answer at C.
  10. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,444 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Bernadeau is improving. Free just sucks.
  11. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    60 Likes Received

Thats all true, but part of the problem is that no one is making Doug Free accountable for his poor play. Chris Collinsworth was constantly calling him out. Free should not start against Cincy if the Boys are serious about trying to make the playoffs. Did Free and Jerry Jones make a snuff film together or something, because I cannot see any valid reason why he is not on the bench?
  12. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,353 Messages
    385 Likes Received

He was slightly improving - until last night.
  13. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,446 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    We should be drafting in the top 10,,, first pick should be DL, the high 2nd should be OL and then sign two quality FA OL... One offseason and things could improve dramatically. Is Jones willing to do the smart thing? That is the question.
  14. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    60 Likes Received

He's has not played at all this year. Costa is getting on my nerves with his inability to get out there. Mark my words, Dallas will draft a center, tackle, and guard. When Kowalksi beats out Costa, he will end up cut next year as Bernadeau can play center as well. If Costa wants a job, he needs to get his arse out in the field.
  15. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Yeah, Free is the reason why I support taking a tackle early in the draft if one with a high grade falls and we didn't fill the spot in free agency. Where I have a problem is the long list of needs that some want to meet in one offseason on the OL, cause its just plain not going to happen and really it shouldn't with our other needs.
  16. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,008 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    When garrett gets fired
  17. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,444 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    I didn't think he was a problem. Just my opinion.
  18. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,335 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Jerry doesnt want to stress his players out by having them worry about losing their starting jobs, so Free will get replaced right after they bench Ogletree.
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,708 Messages
    1,921 Likes Received
    Why are the Cowboys always the last people to figure out that a guy can't play?

They give them sooo many chances to redeem themselves.
  20. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    I thought Parnell filled in really well for Tyron...why he isn't starting at RT is a travesty.