1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

When does Parnell replace Free?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jenky, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,376 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    To be fair they are also one of the last to figure out a guy can play as well.
  2. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Free is just plain BAD...it has nothing to do with his linemates. He absolutely gets beaten like a drum 70% or more of the time. He is obviously pretty weak too. Last night he was getting driven into the pocket by the journeyman's bull rush who replaced babbin. I was actually shocked...I knew he was pretty sorry this year, but I didnt realize how bad. Rob Petite redux.
  3. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,376 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    He looked like he was on roller skates for most of the first half, getting bulldozed 5 yards backwards over and over.
  4. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,886 Messages
    1,830 Likes Received
    Yeah, no excuse. He flat out lost it. I am just saying he isn't the only problem.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I think it could happen, Free has been a major disappointment. Cowboys had big expectation of him and he has not played to the level he has shown in the past he is capable of. Maybe getting benched in favor or Parnell could get him going but as of now his play is getting worse as the season goes on.
  6. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,455 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Realistically, I see center and RT being addressed in the offseason. We'll see two new starters there.
  7. canters

canters Active Member

1,792 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Those of us expecting a big turnover on the OL this off season might be disappointed-Tyron Smith is the starting LT for the next few seaons unless he gets hurt. Free's contract has guaranteed $ in it, IIRC. He ain't going anywhere. JJ will not admit that signing Livings and Bernie was a blunder this soon. Costa is the only one that might be replaced. And we will not draft a OC until round 3, if history repeats itself with OL here.
  8. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I tend to think they need two or three new starters, not four: RT and one or two interior OL. Let the existing guys fight it out for the remaining spot(s).

With that you'd have a greatly improved OL in one offseason. From that point on, though, you'd still have to allocate more resources to the OL than they generally have over the last fifteen years to avoid this mess again in the future.
  9. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    Free contract does not guarantee anything. Dallas likely will hand over a much bigger contract to Romo and I highly doubt they will live with Free if he does not improve.
  10. fanfromvirginia

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Free costs more to the cap off the roster than on, I am pretty sure. I assumed that is what the poster was referencing. They could make him a June 1 cut and spread the hit over two years.

I doubt seriously the FO will keep Free, despite the cap hit.
  11. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,914 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Brandon Graham isnt a journeyman..
  12. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well I'm a Free hater from way back, and wouldn't accept the 'he will be fine on the right side in 2012' theories from last year. This staff just doesn't seem like they are willing to make a move like that though, and it forces doubt as to whether they will in the future.

I don't see a change happening this season, and that is enough for me to question them.
  13. fanfromvirginia

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Yeah, I think it will be two, maybe three spots. I doubt very seriously they bring in two new OGs (and an OC and an OT).
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,015 Messages
    9,097 Likes Received
    There's a simple answer for that, it's just a question of whether you're willing to accept it.

Because the two top talent evaluators on this team are frauds with zero prior experience in personnel before taking those gigs.
  15. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I think the staff will make move if they feel they have too. Garrett is not going to put his job on the line for 1 player in Doug Fre and believe it or not they do see what is taking place and while there is not much they can do now I think they will address the situation
  16. Deep_Freeze

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well Garrett is putting his job on the line for Free, right now. While I do think that over the offseason and camp I hope they will make the move if needed, not making the move earlier and also seeing them not make a move on Tree has to make anyone wonder about their in-season adjustments.

One thing is true, they take forever making adjustments, whether its personnel or on game day.
  17. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,475 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    That Parnell hasn't been plugged in at LT and Tyron put back at RT indites the ability of this staff to recognize how to use it's roster to it's strength.
  18. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    Not sure about that he has no replacement that is any better than Free. Sure they can put Parnell out there and likley get the same results and frankly I think benching Free for Parnell at this stage could serve as a wake up call for Free. I know Free can play better than he has I say that because I have seen him play much better than he has this season
  19. Deep_Freeze

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Thats cool, you still have hope for Free obviously.

This is where we differ, I lost hope for Free last season. He looks just plain foolish out there, and I'm sure the defensive players that line up across from him go back to their huddle laughing.
  20. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,415 Messages
    1,778 Likes Received
    Free is not the reason we have a sub .500 record. And Romo was not running for his life all game like most will have us to believe.