1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

When does Parnell replace Free?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jenky, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

769 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Sorry RS, they are not frauds. They are experienced - over 20 years worth of experience.

They are simply not good or even average.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    I know he is capable of better, will he show improvement? I don't know if he will or not I think sending him to the bench could at least put a charge in him
  3. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,381 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I'm looking forward to rewatching the second half of the game to see what we changed.

The line stuck out in the first half, and I didn't remember them from the second half.
  4. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,605 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    He was capable, but he hasn't shown that in years. I'm not willing to stick to status quo as you seem to be more happy with the current roster than I am. If there is a way to improve or at least stop the bleeding, it should be done immediately.
  5. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,744 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    Can't believe anyone can make excuses for Free-there is no excuse for lazy, weak, uninterested play.
  6. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    I said nothing of keeping status quo. I know he is capable of better and maybe a benching would be a wake up call if not then I have no issue of moving on from him.
  7. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,062 Messages
    361 Likes Received
    The Free replacement is not on the team yet...
  8. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Jerry won't allow a benching of Doug Free. It'll make him look bad. That's why when Broadus asked him if he would bench Free Jason said no.

He doesn't have the balls to make a move like that.
  9. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    That is your opinion. :laugh2:
  10. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    HOw about this week?:lmao2:
  11. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,704 Messages
    3,464 Likes Received
    Free's Cap "Hit" in 2013:

Keep 11.18M (5.8M more than 2012)

Cut 4.18M (1.2M less than 2012)

12. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    Always a possibility.
  13. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,010 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Is this AdamJT's info? If not, could you post the link? I have been searching for info here from Adam on Free's contract but can't find it yet.

I think that 4 mil cost is assuming he would be a June 1 cut, right? I am pretty sure his total cap hit if cut is twice your number.
  14. George

George a legend in your own mind

572 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Huh? He's never been great. He was just looking better than some of the other losers on the OL. Replace him now.
  15. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,170 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    I think Garrett noted that Free was more aggressive and he played better because of it. He was more aggressive vs. the Redskins as well and played a pretty solid game.
  16. AbeBeta

25,170 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    I thought there was no such thing as a June 1st cut anymore.

But you are correct -- he'd cost 4.18 mill of "dead" money each year. But that isn't a bad thing if you consider that you free up 7 mill in 2013 and 8 mill in 2014. That 7 mill of additional cap space for 2013 gives more space than you need to find the best UFA RT on the market if we want to go that route
  17. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    I'm sorry where did I put down he was great? Somehow you took this comment as claiming he was great? He has played the RT position much better than he has this year meaning he has shown he is capable of better. As for replacing him? I said at this point I would look to bench him for at least a game and give Parnell the start whom I don't think is any better but would at least give Free a wakeup call.

In the end I think he will get replaced after the season
  18. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,864 Messages
    3,004 Likes Received
    Is Parnell injured? Is Free dinged up some as well?
  19. AbeBeta

25,170 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    I think Free has some issues with concentration and confidence. So if he's dinged up, it is psychological.

The staff seems to focus on him having to play aggressively. He's not strong enough to simply react to whatever the DL is doing. He is, however, athletic enough to get on him quickly and disrupt him. He just doesn't seem to do that enough
  20. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,704 Messages
    3,464 Likes Received
    Yes, the numbers reflect a June 1st cut or a "designated" June 1st cut. The team is allowed to cut a player prior to June 1st but designate him as a June 1st cut in regards to the salary cap.

Terence Newman was a designated June 1st cut last year.

[IMG]