1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

When will Holloman get some playing time?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BruceLee5450, Oct 14, 2013.

1. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Durant & Sims have done nothing to keep him from getting some snaps.
    Nirvana likes this.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,559 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    The only thing I can think of is that the other two have been solid, in position and that sort of thing, and they can't trust him to do that consistently.

And I dont think he's ready to take on NFL blocks...
  3. BruceLee5450

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I'd just like to see him get some experience out there with limited snaps at least. Since coming back Sims has had a tough time getting off blocks, and Durant has been gimpy.
  4. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,014 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    As much as I would love to see him out there I don't think he is ready and it's not like we are playing old dudes out there. He will get his chances.
  5. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,139 Messages
    1,153 Likes Received
    I don't think Durant and Sims have done anything to deserve getting benched.
  6. BruceLee5450

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Watch the Broncos game, Sims got bullied in the 1st half. Durant has just been hurt, but he really isn't in on too many plays. I wasn't saying either deserved to be put on the bench, I would just like to see Holloman in on a few snaps.
  7. BruceLee5450

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
  8. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,770 Likes Received
    A few snaps wouldn't hurt
  9. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    I for one would like Holloman to get some playing time. He seems to be around the ball and makes good things happen.
  10. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,417 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    I'd like to know as well. Guy makes plays. Could see him excelling in a nickel backer role, but we never get to find out how he does. I've seen enough of Sims. I will say Carter looked a lot better than the Broncos game.
  11. CowboyStar88

5,014 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    I would agree but man who do you take out? Is he even getting snaps at Durants spot?
  12. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,045 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Just because guys are doing well at a position doesn't mean younger guys shouldn't be given the opportunity to have real game experience. That doesn't mean he should be starting, but get the guy in early in games, especially in tricky situations, see how they react/play. Some guys step up, some guys don't, but either way you'll see it quick.
  13. CowboyStar88

5,014 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    This would actually be a good week to see some time. With his speed and quickness I would think it would be a good game for him to play in.
  14. Nirvana

4,417 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    In the nickel Sims and Carter have been alternating with Lee, who always plays the Mike. So I would put Holoman at the Will and alternate with Carter. Sims is not making plays.
  15. CowboyStar88

5,014 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    How many snaps did Sims play in the Nickel last night? I don't recall seeing him. I thought it was Carter/Lee
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,128 Messages
    7,850 Likes Received
    He's got to be earning some consideration. All he does is make plays.
    There must be something they're seeing in practice that they don't love, yet. It's not like these coaches have been reluctant to play young players when they think they can help out. I love what I see from the guy on STs, though.
  17. Nirvana

4,417 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    I am not sure but he got some. Carter got the majority.