1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where Are All The E-Lie Lovers?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    HOF'er? Eli?

Lmao!!
  2. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

629 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Like really ???? Eli own the cowboys during the whole Romo era. One win doesn't mean squat when we were on play from giving the game away. Let's just enjoy this win and keep it moving.
  3. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    No he hasn't, W/L between Boys and Giants since Romo took over is pretty even, Giants up by one. Also Cowboys have beaten Giants last 3 out of 4 games now.
  4. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,015 Messages
    1,409 Likes Received
    Nor does it make him more clutch or elite, or HOF caliber, etc
  5. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

816 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    You are incorrect. Please try again. Or not would be ok too.
  6. Carharris2

816 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Eli fans, can you counter this argument?
  7. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,172 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    If Eli retired today and Romo were to...

1) Throw 25 more TDs... with 63 more INTs
    2) Have his career completion percentage drop by a staggering 6.2%, and
    3) Have his yards per attempt drop from 9th-best all-time to 81st-best all-time...

He'd match Eli's Hall of Fame level of QB play. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

After all, the embarrassing Tim Tebow saga SURELY taught all the ignorant fans remaining all about how QBs don't win or lose games by themselves in the ultimate team sport. Truly an elementary concept which should be one of the simplest to grasp, and one that also puts to bed the absurd notion that it's legitimate to judge individual players based on their teams' successes or failures. So those ignorant people don't exist anymore. Right?
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    We've won 3 of the last 4 meetings against them now.. and overall record is about even. So you're incorrect.
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I can already tell you, you won't get a response to this..

The only "Eli fans" that exist on this Cowboys forum exist in one or two posters' minds..
    Wayne02 and Common Sense like this.
  10. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,256 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    Ok, I'll bite not because I care about Eli Manning -- I just wanted to show that there are examples like this. You asked for an example of a HOF QB who has had seasons as cruddy as Eli is having right now.

Brett Favre threw 47 interceptions over a two year period in 2005-2006, averaged just a 71 QB rating, and went 4-12 and 8-8 over that period.

He averaged a 90+ QB rating in the three years after that and led his team to two NFC Championship games.
  11. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,352 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    Since Eli has been there the Giants have been ranked 3rd, 3rd, 8th, 7th, 6th, 9th, 11th, and 14th in points scored. They also haven't had a losing record since 2004, including 4 double digit winning seasons.

He's 22nd on the all time passing yard list and only being 32nd he should easily crack the top 10. Also 24th in TD passes but is on pace to crack the top 10 there as well.

With the 2 rings he's a HOF lock.
  12. Carharris2

816 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    I would say that was past Favre's prime. But yeah. Good find. I'm surprised.
  13. Carharris2

816 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Interesting.
  14. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,256 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    He was in his mid-30s during that period so yeah definitely past his prime.

Beyond that it's hard to compare any QB's career to Favre's which contained just about every peak and valley humanly possible for a QB with sucky seasons, great seasons, a Superbowl victory, lots of championship games, lots of back-breaking defeats on the arms of Favre interceptions, DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA, etc, etc, etc
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  15. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    Anyone....anyone......? I figured you wouldn't get an answer Roy.

Wake me up when someone gets back to you.
    RoyTheHammer likes this.
  16. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,597 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    There's also the tiny little detail that Favre could have retired at age 28 and instantly walked into the Hall of Fame. Favre was the Michael Jordan of the NFL in the 90s... Eli is more like Pete Myers.

Maybe Kurt Warner would be a better example, even though Eli never sniffed 1 MVP much less 2 like Kurt. Warner was pretty bad in the middle of his career. Also like Eli, he is a questionable HOFer, though for different reasons.
  17. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,015 Messages
    1,409 Likes Received
    If somebody were to say, "Hey, I heard some guy say a lot of times that you can keep your health insurance" and somebody else says its not so unless you can post some proof, its not necessary to post any proof. Its a well known thing. Its common knowledge. Posting proof or not posting "proof" does absolutely nothing to add credibility to what the guy "asking for proof" is trying to prove. He's just throwing up a smokescreen.

The request for proof in this thread is no different. Its not necessary to post any proof for something that is common knowledge. And his smoke does not hide the truth.

[IMG]
  18. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    I don't know about any of this and, quite honestly, it's just babble. What I do know is what's posted on this forum even though I may not post very often. For the most part, the only time Eli Manning is mentioned is when a Romo supporter wants to feel better about our QB or defend the guy. Happens all the time.

You made a statement about all the Eli love on this board. Another poster asked you to point it out and maybe provide a link to your claim. About the only time Eli manning is mentioned is when a Romo supporter wants to bring up Manning, especially after a bad game, not the other way around.

Count me as one of those guys that has respected, to a degree, what Manning has done (twice). Maybe to you and others, that makes me an Eli-lover. The difference is that I don't start threads or posts regarding Manning.

WPB, you posted it. Are you telling me you can't find a book in a library?
    RoyTheHammer likes this.
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Gonna be a long nap.. since its winter anyway, might as well go hibernate.

:)
  20. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,414 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Yo, WPBCowboy Fan, see you at our HOF inductions!
    RoyTheHammer likes this.