1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where Are All The E-Lie Lovers?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Nov 24, 2013.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,402 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    He can't find any proof of things he posts it's all dreamed up in his head.
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,859 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    Ha Ha, you Eli Club Members post some funny stuff.

Yea, I woke up one morning and dreamed up all the game classifications, "spotlight" games, "significant spotlight" games, "elimination" games, "do or die" games, "matter most" games, and even that new one the "Big TV audience" games, all in an attempt to belittle Romo when comparing him to E-Lie.

You Eli Club Members post stuff and then when you get called on it deny it and act as if it never happened. Is it a requirement that one be more shady than a politician to gain membership in the Eli Club? You know, post and deny?
  3. KJJ

10,402 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    We don't twist comments and make things up we post things that can be proven with links.
  4. WPBCowboysFan

4,859 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    You know as well as I know, and everybody here knows, its not a matter of finding a book. Its simply a matter of the Eli Club Members owning up to what they post. I dont need to post any links. Nobody needs to post any links. So, dont play dumb. Just man up and accept the truth for what it is. If your not an Eli Club Member dont try to identify yourself with them.
  5. KJJ

10,402 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    We don't belong to any Eli club but you're obviously the president of one.
  6. WPBCowboysFan

4,859 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  7. WPBCowboysFan

4,859 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  8. KJJ

10,402 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    You need to own up to what you post. You claim you don't need to post any links which means your claims don't exist.
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,065 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Kurt Warner is going to make the HOF.
  10. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

842 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    With Eli starting, he has finished "outside" of the top 10 in passer rating 8 times in 9 years, has been worse than 16th (half of the teams QBs) 5 times in 9 years (56%), and has amassed a lifetime passer rating of 81.9, a good 12-15+ points below superior peers of his era.

Because he (and his team) played so well in the SB runs, it's extremely difficult to identify the real Eli. Is he the regular season, 3 one-and-done in the playoffs "bad" Eli? Or does the 8 games he and his team played very well in the SB runs define him?

The current logjam of stronger QB candidates that could be retiring in the same 2-3 year era will make the HOF quarterback litmus test even more perplexing for Eli's chances. If Eli hung it up today I would have to think that that once eligible, the HOF voters would have a pretty heated battle on their hands determining which was the "real" Eli. His HOF worthiness might very well be determined in the years to come.
    Carharris2 and slomoxn like this.
  11. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,499 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    Thank you for an honest objective post, don't know where I stand on Eli, I don't hate him but I sure do the Giants. Especially Jacobs but I guess looking at Eli and his namesake plus being the lil bro of Peyton... I'm glad to see him emerge from their shadow. No matter how anyone feels he has something our guy doesn't and in every single QB or Ayer interview I've ever heard if they retire without a ring and have broken every stat available they would give back all their records for a ring... So for those hating on Eli, he will retire with NO regrets. Ask Marino and the rest in that category which will include Romo if Jerry doesn't get out if the way what they would rather have, rings or things?
  12. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

842 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    I'm not convinced that Dan Marino, sporting his yellow HOF jacket, would swap careers with Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, or Doug Williams. I would have to hear it from his own lips to believe it.
    5Stars and WPBCowboysFan like this.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,836 Messages
    1,220 Likes Received
    What is missing in this thread? Hell, what is missing in any Romo vs. Eli thread?

For one, when Romo loses a game he is not "clutch" like Eli who has some bling to show off that he and his team won.

What else? The "Cowboy FANS" that follow the team that hate Romo never, ever, show up in a positive thread when Romo does pull out an important game to at least acknowledge that he did what he needed to do to win the game. They just do not have the guts to give him any due.

Oh, and, there are one or two (they know who they are) that never seem to rag on any other part of the team in a loss...but they sure as hell show up to dog crap on Romo!

And, it does not stop there! Romo is not as good as Eli. Romo is not even as good a RG3. Kapernick-what ever his name is, or even Tebow who can "will his team to win a game"!

I mean come on here! I guess 8 million people that think that way will never admit they are wrong.
    Carharris2 likes this.
  14. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    And don't forget that some idiot on here said he would take Andy Dalton is better than Romo and would take him over Romo right now, smh
    da_whiz_kid and 5Stars like this.
  15. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,836 Messages
    1,220 Likes Received
    It's amazing is what it is.

What disgust me the most are the Romo haters that never take into consideration the term,,,team!

Eli did not win his SB's by his bad self, and Romo did not lose games by his bad self!

And, just for ghits and siggles, you are now seeing how "clutch" Eli is now that he does not have a team around him to help him out. Well, Romo does not have a team around him to help him out either! But, that does not count.

It's that majik ring that that comes first. Dan Marino should give his Yellow Jacket back to the HOF! The dude does not have a ring!
    mcompact, Carharris2 and 03EBZ06 like this.
  16. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Well many on here simply cannot distinguish difference between individual achievement and team achievement.

When we are talking about QBs or making comparisons of them, then their individual stats should be compared and whenever we are talking about W/L, then it's a team achievement, no QB can win a game by himself, no one, not eli, not payton, not whoever...it takes all three phase of a team and coaching to win a game.
    5Stars likes this.
  17. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,885 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    How this thread is still going is beyound me. What is there left to say about Eli vs romo?... Well anyway here's a bump... Carry on
  18. slomoxn

1,499 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    True that. If I new how to find any of his interviews I would still stick by him wanting a ring over his stats. I don't care either way Romo's stats should make him a HOF arguably by the people that vote but his stigma in the media for not being able to get it done ( not my words I'm happy with him) will probably not get him in. If he had a ring in my opinion he is a shoe in for the HOF. No matter, in a personal not as I've said before, if he (team) had won two Bowls and he was up and down line Eli I'd defend him till my last breath no matter how bad he would be over the rest of his career. That's me and I'm not asking anyone to feel as I do, as of now it is what it is. Eli two, Romo stats.
  19. slomoxn

1,499 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    I don't rag Romo good or bad... Well there was the Detroit game that I still wake up in the middle of the night screaming NO Romo NO! Lol other than that he has done an admirable job given his GM's shortcomings in building a team. Problem is some like stats some like rings, none of us are good enough to so what they do so we can flap our gums all we want until it's us in their shoes getting our ribs broken. I'll never say Romo is not a good QB I'd just rather he had two rings over his stats. Until then I'll keep hope alive but I won't allow myself to ride the Jerry emotional roller coaster, I stay calm win or lose now because my wife, sons, dogs and work crew can't handle my Monday morning Jeckyl and Hide after a loss. Lol
  20. slomoxn

1,499 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    On a side note I still blame Parcell for Romo's first playoff loss, he knew Romo an TO could have won that game had he let them loose against our castoff DBs and he refused because he didn't like TO. In my opinion that game would have made Romo's career and this probably wouldn't even be a discussion.