1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where Did You Get Your Username?

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by HipHop, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Rocky

Rocky New Member

777 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I adopted one of my dogs' name. The other one is Bridgette so that wasn't a real good option for me here. Regardless, they're both huge Cowboys fans.
  2. phildominator

phildominator Member

672 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    My name's Philip and one year, I shaved my head and my friends made fun of me because they said it looked like the tip of a _____. So combining that word with my name, people called me Phildo. Playing off of this name, I tried to re-emasculate myself and change it to phildominator.

Why do I feel emasculated again while typing this story? Haha...
  3. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mine's kind of a long story (big surprise, eh??)... I went to college at UTEP in the very early 70s... the basketball coach there was the semi-legendary Don Haskins (so legendary, a movie about him will be released in the next few months)... his nickname, of course, was The Bear.. well, I was a gym rat, and the next best thing to a Haskins groupie... I was ALWAYS talking about the guy, to the point where it annoyed my buddies-- I was a huge hoops head back then... so they took to calling me "Bear, Jr.", thinking it would offend me...

It didn't, and the nickname stuck... fast forward a few years, to about 7 years ago when I first came online... by then, the nickname has taken on a little different connotation, as I started to LOOK a little like a bear... big chest, big neck, big arms, just a big ol' torso in general, but rather short arms and legs... throw in a beard, which makes me look a little wooly, and the picture is complete...

Only thing is, EVERY forum I went to already had a "Bear" registered... it seems to be a fairly common online nom de plume... so I took a look at my now-silver hair and beard, and thought about my allegiances to the blue and silver, and Silverbear was born... I even have vanity plates on my Cherokee that read "SVR BEAR"...
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which one in sports forms I use Kangaroo which was my highschool massacot

On online games I use Hejtmane which was a name given to johan Ziska who was a Bohemian Hussite general and was a very good one. Hejtmane translate to Captian of the people.

I always have one toon in my last 4 games named this. If you try to use one from game to game that is common it may be taken so I found that one and I have never had it taken before I started playing.

Ok now that I bored you with a history lesson have fun:p:
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    I bought mine off of ebay. :D

Mine has nothing to do with actually paint or paint chips...it was a name I picked up long ago on a "trip". I don't go on trips anymore....heck it is rare for me to even drink a beer.

Eitherway I have had it for years along with another nickname.

So I get online years back and decide to use BrainPaint because I thought it made a good online name.

Well many people kept saying BrIan instead of Brain. So then I changed it to BrAinPaiNt so the A is emphasized...but then capitalized the N to balance it out.
    Plus at the time I was dabbling in hacking some and it kind of fit.

I thought it was a very original name but apparently someone else (more then one) saw me with it and liked it, then stoled my net name to use for their site....

http://www.brainpaint.com/
    Funny thing is that it used to be a graphics site and I have had people think it was mine as I dabble in photoshop and paint shop pro...but I have never had anything to do with the site...now it looks like a different type of site.

http://www.willardmountain.com/Contact.htm (notice the email address)
    Once again...nothing to do with me.

I just figure someone HAD to see me over the years on the net and liked the name because it is nothing common...but I have had the name since around 1990.
  6. HipHop

HipHop Benched

480 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Interesting story Brian.

:D
  7. BrAinPaiNt

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received

I was wondering who would be the first nipple head to do it....I was thinking yeagermeister :p: ;)
  8. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Maybe I should go back to this one..........

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Wutcha think Brain?
  9. ROMOSAPIEN9

ROMOSAPIEN9 Proud Grandpa

2,250 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My name is Dan. Everyone calls me Dan the man. I just made it all caps and one word.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received

LOL....I think you might get too many excited and cause problems. ;)
  11. BrAinPaiNt

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received

Dan the Man Levitan....sorry just sprung into my head from the movie Good morning Viet Nam. :)
  12. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received

C'mon Brain its a face, get your mind out of the gutter :p:
  13. BrAinPaiNt

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received

A Nipplehead?
  14. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Despite some people in chats thinking otherwise, I am not, in fact, the real Danny White. :rolleyes:

DW was the quarterback of the team back when I was an impressionable young lad, and he was my favorite player.

I chose the name not only because I think Danny is underrated in Cowboys history and I wanted to give him some respect... but also because I think the name symbolizes sticking with the team through thin and thick.

If you're a Danny White fan, then you're no fair-weather Cowboys fan. It's easy to be a Troy fan or a Roger fan... but to be a Danny fan, you have to have stuck with the team through some of it's most heart-breaking moments. That's me.
  15. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Thats MR Nipplehead to you thank you very much
  16. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Call me naive, but I don't get it. What am I supposed to be seeing here? Is it boobies?
  17. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    its a face, complete with ears and hands
  18. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Is that J Howard Marshall and Anna Nicole? :D
  19. k19

k19 Active Member