1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where do you rank Tony Romo out of the 32 starting QBs in the league?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Lazyking, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Yes, I know another Romo thread but this one, i just wanna know where people rank Tony.. the talk around here some super romo fans talk about him like he's best in the league while others talk like he's the worst.

I'll go on record and say that at this very moment taking in all factors, Romo is about the 7th to 10th best QB in the league. I'm putting him ahead of rookies, untested QBs and scrubs that don't deserve a QB job and just below the elite tier.

To me he's around the Ryan, Flacco, Schraub range..

While his bad games drop him out of the elite tier, the guys below him haven't been as good as he's been for as long as he's been a starter..

i just wanna get a consensus.. and also ask a question, are there ten in their prime QB's you'd rather have then Tony?
  2. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's definitely top 5 to me. I'd put Rodgers, Brady, and Brees over him.
  3. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Active Member

997 Messages
    120 Likes Received
  4. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received

i have them, both Mannings and Big Ben ahead of him, the rest of the top ten are close.. Peyton may have fallen off but I'm giving him a slight pass for the injury right now. Eli is clutch is Big Ben the same I feel.
  5. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,362 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Matt Ryan

5. Eli Manning

6. Tony Romo
  6. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

972 Messages
    97 Likes Received

:signmast:

no WAY i would put peyton ahead of romo, he's been pretty bad. its clear he is not the same peyton, but people want to get him too much credit
  7. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    10 to 12. Not to bad out of 32, but we want number 1 for the Cowboy QB!
  8. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Missed an entire year, and neck surgery, and in his 4th game back has already surpassed Romo. I'd take Peyton any day over Tony, and so would 90% of GM's.
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    He's still top 5. He, like every QB that ever played, needs more balance in the offense though. AKA better run blocking so that we can be more effective in that area and keep defenses honest.
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,739 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    Drew Brees's Saints are 0-4...

If he is so good, why is he better than Romo?

See, this is what fools don't understand. It's a team game, not a one man show.

Rodger's team is 2-2, same as Romo at this point in time.

Yeah, yeah, they won a SB. But, they did not do it all by their self...they had a team that helped.

Anyway, yeah, Romo sucks and will suck until he has someone else to help him.
  11. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Especially the bolded statements.

It's a team game.. It's shocking that some people don't realize this
  12. Maggito

Maggito New Member

19 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Top 10 for sure, probably top 8. He's definitely above Flacco in my book. Maybe just outside of top 5 if I were to sit down and look at each QB. His problem is usually trying to do too much when things get out of control. He wants to win and presses. Something similar to what dwarecwby311 posted.
  13. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Agree, to many over rate him
  14. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

1,995 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    I'm a huge Romo supporter. But if you ask any GM to pick between the 3, Romo would be picked third more than likely. Rodgers would be at the top of the list.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,802 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Aaron Rodgers
    5. Ben Roethlisberger
    6. Eli Manning
    7. Tony Romo

I struggle with 6 and 7 but kiss Eli's rings here.
  16. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Aaron Rodgers #4? C'mon now. I know he hasn't played his best football so far this season, but neither have those other guys. The man had argurably the best season last year for a quarterback and won the MVP award. He should be #1.
  17. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,353 Messages
    696 Likes Received

What a ridiculous question. :rolleyes: Brees has won 5 playoff games including a SB win. He has a SB MVP award and holds several NFL passing records. He's passed for over 5000 yards 3 times which no other QB has ever done. Before Brees arrived in NO the Saints had arguably the worst history of any team in the NFL.

They were best known for losing and fans wearing bags over their heads in disgust during games. The Saints are currently 0-4 because the franchise was turned upside down due to bounty gate and they don't have their head coach.
  18. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. Brees
    4. P Manning
    5. Roethlisberger
    6. E Manning
    7. Rivers
    8. Romo
    9. Ryan
    10.Stafford or Schaub
  19. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would rank the top-5:

1. Aaron Rodgers
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Peyton Manning
    5. Tony Romo
  20. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Stafford and Rivers are not top ten QBS lol..

And yes its a team game and its not all on Romo imo but the way some talk here, he's either the best in the league or the worst.. Glad to see that consensus has it mostly where anyone who knows football has Romo.