1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where do you rank Tony Romo out of the 32 starting QBs in the league?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Lazyking, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He also has more than two seconds to throw and doesn't have recievers who are mentally inconpatent.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Great football players put mediocre teams on their back and carry them to postseason success. Tony doesn't do that.

..and no one STILL has said that Matt Ryan is the best QB in the game. You need to dust off those glasses, it seems.

..and finally, its funny but neither he, nor anyone else here, cares what you say about him. He's playing much better than Romo right now and im sure he's pretty content with how he's playing and where his team is right now. I don't think he'll be losing any sleep over some kid's comments on a message board.

:)
  3. venky

venky Active Member

439 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Peyton Manning is still better than Romo, it's not even close. By the end of the season, I'll expect Peyton to be in top 2/3 QB form.
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Really who? Eli? He had a great defense and a decent offensive line. You need a competent supporting cast to have success. Ryan has had one of the better offensive lines in the game and a solid run game his whole career and he still hasn't even won a playoff game. At least Romo won a playoff game.

And again it's been four games. Against extremely weak competition. Let me know when he does it for a full season and than maybe I'll consider putting him in the same breathe as Tony. He's playing better than Romo well of course he's got a much better supporting cast and has a weak schedule. He won't keep it up the whole year.
  5. King Marco III

King Marco III Member

49 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Our o line is so terrible, I wouldn't even know where to rank him. I feel like being under constant duress obviously hinders you some. Talent wise, I would say he's top ten. A lot of these guys have good offensive lines and even better skill postion players than we do., so it makes it hard for me to pinpoint where I would rank Romo.
  6. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Your best friend, Peyton Manning for one. 2006. Read up on it.

His team sucked that year.. not only was he the QB, he was his team's OC.

That is greatness. Tony is very good.. not great.
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL he had one of the best offensive lines in the game. Really during his whole time in Indy with the exception of last season.

Your acting like I said Tony was better than Peyton from a career standpoint which is not what I said at all. Tony is in his prime while Peyton is on his last legs.
  8. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Really? Because Atlanta is in the bottom of the league as far as sacks allowed and QB hits allowed.
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Is that why their running effectiveness was in the bottom half of the league?

Also their defense was in the bottom third of the league as far as ppg given up.

He had little help.. not to mention a defense that gave up the 7th worst ypc in NFL history.
  10. venky

venky Active Member

439 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Peyton just might be the greatest QB to ever play. I certainly think so. He's had little help his whole career. He leads his team to 10 wins on a broken neck, then the very next year his team wins like 2 games without him.

Also, Peyton NEVER had a good o-line. That is complete revisionist history. He makes his o-line look better due to his incredible mind. He runs the no huddle almost every play and he's able to get ball out very quickly.
  11. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude read what I said again. I NEVER said he had a good defense or run game. I said the offensive line was solid.
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Where'd you get that stat and which year are you referring too?
  13. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,273 Messages
    1,722 Likes Received
    It's funny how people give people grief for putting guys like Ryan over Romo, but then they go and say Romo is top 5. If you can't justify putting Ryan over Romo, then you can't justify putting Romo over Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton, Eli or Ben.
  14. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

638 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    OK ill play along. After the Bears game it is announced that one QB threw 5 picks.

Who was that QB, surely not Romo. Yea thats what I thought too. Romo is your Homo, not mine.
  15. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

638 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    13,000 posts, 13,000 posts! and yet the rest of us are stupid?! Get a job Bro. Obama season is over next month.
  16. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No one has out him over Brady, Rodgers or Brees as far as I know, but you can make the argument he's better than the other guys. Eli and Ben have rings sure, but they had the benefit of great defenses, solid offensive lines, and solid run games. Tony hasn't.
  17. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,627 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Tony is definitely a top 10 qb. Brees Brady peyton manning Eli manning (hate to admit it) Big Ben Aaron Rodgers. All have to go above him right now. They have won Super Bowls. Until our man tony gets over the hump he's behind them
  18. JoeyBoy718

4,273 Messages
    1,722 Likes Received
    Haha solid Olines and running games. Steelers and Giants have had some awful Olines. And the Giants had the worst run game last season. And pass defense.
  19. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did you watch the games in the playoffs at all? The Giants only allowed 17 points twice, 2 points, and 20 points respectively. They were terrific when it counted in the postseason. The Steelers had a terrific offensive line during there Super Bowl runs in 2005 and 2008. I'm not talking about last year or the year before I'm talking when they won it.
  20. JoeyBoy718

4,273 Messages
    1,722 Likes Received
    Well, they turned it on when it mattered. But the entire season indicated that they had a poor Oline and secondary. You don't just miraculously turn a weakness into a strength. At least you've never seen Dallas do that.