1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where do you rank Tony Romo out of the 32 starting QBs in the league?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Lazyking, Oct 5, 2012.

1. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    7-10 range
    Brady, Manning (Both), Rodgers, Ryan, Rapistburger, Stafford
  2. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,324 Messages
    1,759 Likes Received
    No Brees? And if you're talking about only this year, you might as well put a lot more than 7 QBs over Romo. He has more INTs than TDs and has a 75 QB rating.
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which is exactly my point. When push comes to shove in the playoffs or even late season games and Tony needs his supporting cast they have constantly let him down. Just look at last season in that first game against the Giants. Tony played an incredible football game. Argurably the best of his career. Four touchdowns, no picks, and over 300 yards passing. He played essentially flawless football. Gave the team a 12 point lead and all he needed was for his defense to come in and finish the game and they couldn't. The defense choked away the lead.
  4. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,819 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Peyton
    Eli
    Big Ben

Then these guys are clumped together

Romo
    Ryan
    Stafford

I would put Rivers below the others. He was awful last season.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,742 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    I've got him right where I always have. In the 4-7 range. I would make a case for him in any of those spots and feel that's where he is.
  6. ragintd

ragintd Member

61 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How can you exclude rookies in how you rank the best qbs out of 32. that like saying whats the best cars in the world but excluded any made in Germany or Italy cause they would skew the results and possible make my favorite car lower.

Romo is not even the top 2 in the division. Eli is a game manager and makes pretty smart throws. Knows when to throw the ball away or take a sack reducing his stupid mistakes. RG3 has been amazing this year in his first year and your discounting him (as most on this board does when it has anything to do with the Redskins). The kid has been making smart throws, and brings excitement to the field. Heck, look at the both the QB ratings (the real one and the ESPN has created. That should be a starter for you. And before you start sprewing talent and all, who do you think would go on to be great WRs from either the Giants or the Skins with another team. A great QB turns average WRs into good recievers.

I willing to bet if you asked all the GMs in the league which QBs out of the division you would take right now, Romo and Vicks names would never be brought up. Most would pick Eli and the rest would go with RG3.

Just saying. You need to be honest with yourselves. Tony could be a great QB but he's not clutch, makes too many boneheaded mistakes and chokes at the wrong times. It is what it is.
  7. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,922 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    I'm surprised that you know there are a zillion Romo threads, but not that there are a billion rank Romo threads.
  8. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

771 Messages
    102 Likes Received

rivers and Stafford are just below top ten imo.. Rivers is a worse gunslinger then Tony is and Stafford is brittle and helped out by one of the best WR in the game. He's also had an awful season so far.

Flacco, Ryan, Schaub all ahead of those two.
  9. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

771 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    I excluded rookies from the top ten mainly because I don't feel like we know what they are in the league yet. We know what Romo is, can't say the same for RGIII who could eventually be the best QB in the league..
  10. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wonder if people realize that Matt Ryan is 0-3 in the playoffs and that his highest Passer rating in those 3 games was 72.8.

He has been great so far this season but it's only 4 games in.

Just wondering. :cool:
  11. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Peyton has had 1 bad quarter this year, other than that he has not thrown a single pick.
  12. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    So, you're saying football is a team thing, right? Players suspended, no coach...

What the hell do you think Romo goes through? He has no help, no run game, no receivers running the right routes...would the mighty Drew Brees do better with this team?:rolleyes:

You can't have your cake and eat it too!

The mighty Drew Brees should be able to overcome some of his teams faults because he's the best in the business, many excuses for him...but Romo should be undefeated because his the QB, right?

OMG!
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,028 Messages
    9,131 Likes Received
    He's already there.

That dude is the best QB I've ever seen.

As for Romo/Ryan, I'd go Romo but it's close. I could easily put Ryan ahead by the end of the season.
  14. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yea Bree's too I knew I was missing a better QB.
  15. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,651 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    For sure better than Romo no particular order
    Aaron, Tom, Peyton, Eli, Drew, Ben

Maybe Better than Romo: Phillip, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco,

So, I have Romo around the 8-10 range for now
  16. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,031 Messages
    1,803 Likes Received
    What are you smoking? Brees is on pace for 40 TDs and 5400 yards passing.

What excuses need to be made?
  17. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    0 - 4, bro...no excuses.

;)
  18. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,031 Messages
    1,803 Likes Received
    Not sure what Brees can do about that 31st ranked defense.

If you want to rank Romo ahead of Brees: fine -- everbody is allowed to have an opinion. One of them is on pace for 40 TDs passing and one of them is on pace for 40 Turnovers....
  19. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    And they get to pick up that check...

It's all good.
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Brees, Brady, Manning 1 & 2 (Though one wonders a little about Peyton now)
    Rodgers and the Rapist are probably the top tier. Romo next.

Ryan has done nothing; Schaub needs to show he can play a whole season now; Rivers is slowly sinking; and anyone talking about rookies is truly a moron.

Stafford also has to show he can be relied on.

So actually one can argue after the guys with Rings there is no one that can really be pointed at that is better then Romo.

Now of course this is predicated on him returning to form after the last game of course.