1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where does Brian Price fit in?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by sureletsrace, Jan 27, 2013.

1. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,078 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    I remember him being a pretty highly regarded guy coming out of college. Would he play the 1 or the 3? What happened for him to find his way to Dallas? Was he downright bad or something?
  2. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    While in Tampa, he got injured and had some personal issues that were deeply affecting him. IF he's got himself together, he could play either spot effectively. He was great in college because of his combination of quickness & strength. And, he's STILL only 23 years old (24 in April). I'm really rooting for this guy.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,673 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    Probably 50/50 he does. Vikings brought him in for a look in Dec and didnt sign him. Had some agressive hamstring surgery as well, along with a run in with Mark Barron in Tampa.
  4. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He seems like another guy that fits into our logjam of potential 3-techs with Crawford, Lissemore, and virtually every other DE from last year's team. He was originally the 3rd pick of the 2nd round (35th overall) for Tampa Bay. Here is an excerpt from a Yahoo story that makes it sound like he's had a rough time lately:

5. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    If price has come back mentally and physically we could have just stole us one. He improved every year for his first 3 years before his injury. Ive got my fingers crossed.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    5,906 Likes Received
    They surgically altered the attachment of his hamstrings to his pelvic bones.

If he is back to his college abilities, then he could probably play either the 1-tech or 3-tech.

[youtubehd]irQMYESMEaY[/youtubehd]
  7. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    what i didnt understaand was it that his hamstrings were pulling his pelvis appart or pulling away from his pelvis? either way it was a bad bad thing to endure.
  8. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,078 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Thanks everyone for the info. Poor guy had been through the ringer. I'll be rooting hard for him.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,612 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    Hahaha. Logjam. That makes it sound like we have depth.
  10. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    if this guy pulls a hammy, it could be really serious. i hope thats all behind him now.
  11. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    5,906 Likes Received
    He had surgery at the end of 2010. He started 14 games in 2011.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Brian Price is no stranger to adversity and personal tragedy. Price lost two of his older brothers to gun violence before leaving Crenshaw High School to become a three-year starter and 2009 Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year at UCLA.

The latest tragedy to hit Price is the loss of his older sister Bridget, who died last week (May 2012) as a result of injuries sustained in a car accident, Roy Cummings of The Tampa Tribune reports.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/14/sports/la-sp-farmer-brian-price-20110915
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8292e959/article/brian-price-hospitalized-after-sisters-death

He got into the fight with Mark Barron in June 2012.

He was traded to the Bears in July 2012.

He was cut by the Bears prior to the 2012 season.

12. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,827 Messages
    1,598 Likes Received
    I must've missed it, when did we pick this guy up?
  13. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,173 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    i am hoping he fits in with the defense. marineli(SP?) knows what kind of player he is by having him with the bears. also the bears are loaded at defensive tackle so maybe they did not have any room for him. we need to draft defensive ends more then worry about dt.
  14. Nemesis4u

Nemesis4u Member

150 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    would be suprised if he makes the 53
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,750 Messages
    10,045 Likes Received
    Right after the season. Signed ten players to "futures" contracts and he was one of them.
  16. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure the Cowboys see Lissemore as a 1 technique, should be easier than playing NT in the 3-4. Spears probably has to show something at the 1 technique to avoid being released-barring him losing 50 pounds and playing LE.:rolleyes:
  17. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    I remember when we picked up Columbo after being released from the bears. he was a for top 10 pick who had nerve damage in his legs. Im hopeful that we could have grabbed price and he can help us on the defensive side of the ball like columbo did for the oline. In reality weve got nothing to lose either way
  18. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

1,099 Messages
    252 Likes Received
  19. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Interesting that he was released by the Bears while Marinelli was the DL coach. I know we signed him prior to bringing on Marinelli, but he for sure would have insight on him as a player.
  20. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

1,099 Messages
    252 Likes Received