1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where does Sean Lee rank out of ILBs?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Beason is arguably top 3 no doubt before his injury, and looked good this year. Fletcher is better than a lot of mlbers, he may be a Skin but he's very good and I respect him.
  2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Dez a little mixed up on his route.
  3. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Can we refrain from taking this topic somewhere else seriously?
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I would put Fletcher up at 6 and put Lee at 7.. but a pretty accurate list, imo.
  5. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Meant to post that in another thread, my bad.
  6. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    ah np
  7. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    There are so many ILB talents in the NFL it's easy to overrate Lee. I wouldn't have him in my top 3 but he is very good.

I like looking at player rankins in tier like orders personally because of the differing opinions and scheme differences.

You have to look at scheme too, there are very good players in the 4-3 like Beason, Jackson, Ryans, Tulloch, Poz, Urlacher.

And plenty in the 3-4...Willis, Bowman, Cushing, Johnson, Washington, Lewis, Lofton, Fletcher, Timmons, Spikes, Scott and Harris, McCarthy

That's just off the top of my head

A lot of people don't really watch a lot of football outside of their team so not everyone is a household name like a Willis and Bowman. Guys like Washington, Timmons, and Lee aren't as known as guys who have been multiple pro bowlers and all pros.

So much talent out there. But I would definitely say Lee is a good to very good player. If you wanna number it then that's fine but there may not be much of. A difference between a player ranked fifteenth a player ranked fifth.
  8. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,018 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I love me some Sean lee but there is no way he's a top 3 ILB. Maybe eventually but as of right now I would say top 10 is more realistic. And what's with th Cushing love? He's a juicer and should be discredited
  9. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,307 Messages
    814 Likes Received
    I like Daryl Washington...a little ahead of Lee....but def before Cushing and Jackson
  10. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,462 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    How are guys saying Ray Lewis is better than Lee in 2012 lol? Have ya'll seen Lewis this season? Great for his age but not nearly as dominant as he has been in the past. His coverage skills are non-existent.
  11. DR.WARE

DR.WARE Member

603 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    beason has been playing pretty bad, getting trucked by 3rd string running backs. Can't come close to catching a pick. Kuecly for the panthers is an absolute stud. My step dad has season tickets so i go to a lot of panther games
  12. DallasJ7

DallasJ7 Active Member

497 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    this is another example of how cowboys talent gets overrated, and then as a result, expectations get overblown. i think sean lee is a future pro bowler and cornerstone of this team, but this many fans are already declaring him definitely top 3?! sigh.

he's got top 5 potential, but he's not quite there yet.
  13. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,462 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    So right now is Navarro Bowman and P Willis lightyears ahead of Lee? Because from my viewpoint he's in their class. Maybe not as good yet but those are 2 of the best ILB's in the league and compared to them Sean Lee doesn't embarass himself. This is not one of those instances where we overrate talent. In comparison to the rest of the ILB's in the league Lee is up there.
  14. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,235 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    I've known Daryl Washington ever since he was a 10 year old kid, and to see the kind of player he is becoming is remarkable. Lee is on the rise but he is not top 3 as of yet, and I still have Cushing ahead of him as well.
  15. DallasJ7

DallasJ7 Active Member

497 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    When I say overrate talent, I only mean that in relative terms here, because again, I believe Sean Lee is a fantastic player with top 5 potential and multiple Pro Bowls in his future. And I could just keep heaping superlatives onto him because I love him that much, but imo he's simply not in Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman's class right now. And right now, I wouldn't quite put him in the class of guys like Daryl Washington, London Fletcher, Ray Lewis, or Brian Urlacher (you'll take Lee's upside in the case of the latter two of course).

But no doubt Lee's close to that elite tier of ILBs with the arrow pointing up. I just don't see how one can possibly say top 3 ILB at the moment.
  16. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,718 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    Gotta be kidding me. For starters, Both SF linebackers are having very comparable years and in my opinion are better.

Look, I know it's been a long time since we've had good ILBs and I love Sean Lee and hope he is a career here, and then goes on to having a coaching for us after that, but there are better linebackers in this league.
  17. fatboygixxer

fatboygixxer Active Member

241 Messages
    70 Likes Received

:lmao2:

Bobby: JOHNNY! LEAVE HIM ALONE MAN, HE'S HAD ENOUGH!!!!

Johnny: I'll DECIDE WHEN HE'S HAD ENOUGH, MAN!!
  18. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Another guy who is really turning into a very good LB is Chad Greenway. It looks like Sean Witherspoon for the Falcons might be a stud as well.
  19. redfog

redfog New Member

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sean Lee > Beason

Beason is playing horrible this year. There have been alot of talks about trading him or moving him from MLB on all the Panthers forums.

Guys that are clearly ahead of Lee are only Willis, Bowman, and Cushing.
  20. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Cushing is a steroid freak and now he's out for the season, so no.