1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where is the Blitz?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by fortdick, Sep 25, 2005.

1. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Are we so afraid of the deep ball we quit blitzing? The first half of the Skins game and all the SD game we shut down the passing with the blitz. I don't think we blitzed at all today, did we? We let a turd like Rattay look like a real QB.

If we don't give them time to go long, we can shut down that post in the seam. We sure can't cover it!
  2. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That is the single BIGGEST question I have. We totally abandon the blitz and start playing don't mess up football.
  3. lane

lane The Chairman

11,021 Messages
    882 Likes Received

:confused:
  4. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,464 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    WE brought at least 2 extra guys up the middle in the 2nd half and got totally stopped, like running into a brick wall....terrible.

Personally, I hate to blitz on 3rd down, especially 3rd and long....I think for the past few years, we've been a much better defense when rushing only 3 guys, sometimes 4 and having everyone back in coverage...I think we blanket pretty good then.

BTW, I believe we had a huge blitz on in the red zone when the WR faked Henry out of any chance for a chuck and caught their final TD.
  5. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I edited my post is that better?
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,630 Messages
    5,541 Likes Received
    We clearly still have issues with our pass rush.
  7. dguinta1

dguinta1 Active Member

816 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Can you say, deep ball?!
  8. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,604 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Very difficult to blitz when Anthony Henry can't stay within 5 yards of Brandon Lloyd. They blitzed on the Niners last td and Henry had no idea where the ball or Lloyd was.
  9. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,630 Messages
    3,154 Likes Received
    I don't care how often you blitz a 3-step drop offense... you aren't going to get there. You're better off focusing on providing better coverage.
  10. STSINAZ

STSINAZ Active Member

2,845 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we need to get some blitzes with bradie coming off one end and ware off the other...even on the nickel...they need to install it...if there is one thing that bradie can do is blitz...that may be all he can do at this point...but they should utilize it...if you send those two along with roy its all over