1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where our players fit in the Tampa 2

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by supercowboy8, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,639 Messages
    3,562 Likes Received
    thank you for that chart xwalker. you are an invaluable member of this forum. :bow:
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,867 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    fwiw, he's 257 and could easily play at 260 without it negatively effecting him
  3. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm expecting a safety addition in either FA or the draft. If both Crawford and Wilber fit, that would make the 2012 draft look awfully good. And (I'm talking with 100% pure hope right now) if Johnson somehow works at safety, it'd be a VERY good draft. Right now I'm looking at Johnson as a lottery ticket - great if he hits, but don't bet the rent money on him.
  4. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,604 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    This team has had alot of success in finding DL later in the draft, and I expect the same from Crawford. Didn't really think much about Wilber til the scheme change cause of his lack of pass rushing skills, but now he can do what he does best with the new scheme.

Who knows what we have with Matt, I'm not a gambling man so I'm not risking any rent money but a $2 lotto ticket and I'm down....:D
  5. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I agree. Spencer is heavier than 250. He's 260, and strong as an ox.
  6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,054 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    This is where I disagree with the article. Sensabaugh is a dreadful zone safety.
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,195 Messages
    3,022 Likes Received
    That is the exact opposite of Sensabaugh, IMO.
  8. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,469 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    If Spencer leaves, who do we have that can rush the passer aside from Ware? Most good 4-3s have an elite weakside DE and a very good backup. When the Colts were in their prime, Mathis backed up Freeney at WDE. The Seahawks have a 1st round pick Irvin backing up Clemons. The Bears have 1st round McCleclin backing up Peppers. Etc, etc, etc. We'd only have one pure pass rushing DE if Spencer left. The Giants have 3. Most 4-3s have 2.
  9. Deep_Freeze

6,604 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    If we are serious about running the 4-3, we have to draft a DE pretty high regardless of Spencer.

Problem is, at this point we just have so many needs that we can't meet them all.
  10. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,453 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Another article said they were scouting Monte Kiffin during the USC games to see what his energy level was. It makes me wonder how long they've been thinking about a new DC.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    the best I have ever seen sensebaugh play was under pasqualoni in 2010.

he was in zone all the time, paul p killed the man to man blitzing of wade when he took over and put our team in more simplistic zones....

it produced turnovers and sensebaugh was very good down the stretch.
  12. Deep_Freeze

6,604 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    That's an interesting point, cause our interest in Wagner in the second and the later pick of Wilber could indicate that the team wasn't exactly sold on the 3-4 and Ryan to start the season.

Of course there is no proof of that, but it would make sense and any scouting of Kiffin puts some pieces together in that puzzle.
  13. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,802 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    That doesn't make sense though, how did they know he was going to leave USC?