1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Where we stand today in the NFC

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RXP, Nov 18, 2013.

1. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,905 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
    Outside of the Rams game we haven't looked that good either.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,462 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    I would not have liked the Giants' chance of winning any of these games: at New Orleans, vs Denver, at Detroit.

But yes, in this league, it really is nto so easy stringing together 4 wins, regarldess of who you're playing.
  3. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,204 Messages
    897 Likes Received
    Seriously. I stopped reading the list as soon as I saw NY in that spot. They are not a good team, they've just had the good fortune of recently playing teams that are either crappier, or missing their franchise QB. Neither of which translates to NY being a good team.

Also, unless you're sitting around EVERY weekend watching ALL of these teams play I don't see how you could rank who's better "right now". I mean really, who on this board has watched enough Cardinals, Rams, etc footage to sit here and honestly give out legit rankings? Anyone can look at the standings, some team stats and what not and make garbage claims.
    dogberry likes this.
  4. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,017 Messages
    1,228 Likes Received
    Maybe they are not playing good football. But it's still better than the disaster the Cowboys put out there against the Saints.

Not only do we have the worst defense in the league, we might have the worst defense in NFL history. Think about that.

Brandon Jacobs will run for 100+ yards next week. He loves playing the Cowboys.
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,017 Messages
    1,228 Likes Received
    Never said the Giants are all that. But they are playing better than we are. If you doubt this, go look at the tape of the Saints game.

Are the Giants the Saints? Nope. But they are better than us right now.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
  6. NumOneQB

NumOneQB Active Member

337 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    The media has hyped the talent level on this team, imo. When 100% healthy, this team is right in the middle of the pack, much like 98% of the NFL. Good coaching and key personnel decision/moves (a little luck doesn't hurt either) make all the difference in todays NFL, allowing the jumble of teams in the muddled group to move to the forefront. Guess where our Cows sit? You want to start a list or rankings? How about you rate the front offices of each NFL team. Thats where it really matters...
    car351 likes this.
  7. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    I would either switch the 49ers and Panthers or move Carolina up there with them. Carolina just beat San Fran at their place and the Panther's D is nasty.
  8. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,017 Messages
    1,228 Likes Received
    I had trouble placing the Panthers. They look really good right now. Maybe after tonight they could be moved up. If they beat Brady/Belichek tonight, you have to consider them a serious contender.
  9. car351

car351 Member

88 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Pretty much, the most accurate evaluation I've seen in some time. I get it, you actually watch the games.
  10. car351

car351 Member

88 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    This.
  11. car351

car351 Member

88 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Excellent point.
  12. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Cowboys defense lacks heart and Nuttzz...
  13. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,135 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    Lol at the Giants and Eagles being better than us when we beat them both.
  14. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,135 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    2011. Ancient history, I know.
  15. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,135 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    Relying on the results of one game shows the flaw in your rankings.
  16. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,911 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    All of you folks dismissing/disparaging New York are going to feel mighty sheepish if the Giants whup our butts on Sunday.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
  17. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,031 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    That was a long long time ago In a galaxy far far away........
  18. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,459 Messages
    2,876 Likes Received
    I wonder if these posts saying the Giants are trash will change if they kick our teeth in Sunday?
  19. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

750 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    All the teams bolded you could also make a case for being worse than the Cowboys. Lions should have lost to us.. Bears look just as inconsistent as us...We beat the Eagles with relative ease...Giants in my opinion have looked bad in every game they have played, even the wiins.
  20. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,459 Messages
    2,876 Likes Received
    Yep, if we lose all of these "Giants are trash" posts will turn into "well they are a SB winning veteran team that just got off to a bad start"................................you know its coming.