1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Which (If any) member of the Triplets was overrated?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by HappyOnions, Mar 31, 2014.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    You must have missed the replay tonight.
  2. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

882 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    The only thing underrated is chemistry. I don't think many understand what a magical thing it is to put together a team of people from all over the country together, and have them all play consistently and proficiently in unison. It isn't easy. It's takes a great coaching staff and scouting team to piece together those dynasty teams. Throw in the cap factor and it makes it even more difficult. Really got to take your hat off to The Patriots for putting together the pieces they've had there over the years. Even after tearing the team down to its bones, they stay in the playoffs. I hate them. I hate them so much. They're like the Nickelback of football. They keep turning out #1's and I hate them.
  3. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    That Aikmans' backup was pretty bad. Who was that, BTW? Was it Babe? Is that why they went out and got Beurlein?
  4. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,810 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    Ah, I see. So, when we lose two with Emmitt out, it isn't because we have a backup who was a 4th round rookie that had never played in an NFL game. But when we lose with Aikman out it is because of his backup? I see that logic.
  5. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,810 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    Also, I thought it was all about Emmitt? If it was all Emmitt should have won anyway right?
  6. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Right. Now you're getting it.:rolleyes:
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,946 Messages
    1,390 Likes Received

My bigger problem with it. If that Offensive line was so amazing how come the other backs never seemed to do well on the rare occassion when Emmitt missed a game, or had to leave a game. If that line was so amazing and the biggest reason he was so great why didn't the other backs seem to ever do anything behind that line.
    HappyOnions and tantrix1969 like this.
  8. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,810 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    lol carry on
  9. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,286 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    Which (If any) member of the Triplets was overrated?

I love how the question doubts itself from jumpstreet! Lol
  10. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,360 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    I wouldn't call any of the three players overrated, but Irvin was the most replaceable.

A QB handles the ball on nearly 100% of all offensive snaps.

An RB like Emmitt was given the ball perhaps 70% or more of the time on running plays back in that era.

But a WR like Irvin might have had the ball thrown his way on perhaps just 30-40% of all passing plays.

At any given moment, an offense usually has one QB, a couple of running backs (HB+FB combo), but perhaps 3 WRs and a TE.