1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Which new shows are you excited for this season?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,814 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    I am looking forward to Revolution on NBC and Last Resort on ABC, also Arrow on The CW is intriguing. The CW has much worse production standards so it can go either way.

Last Resort sounds like the type of show that people here would love - the plot
  2. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,259 Messages
    117 Likes Received

How long can you honestly think Last resort is gonna last? I say, it gets cancelled after like 4 episodes. The arrow is not gonna go so well, IMO.
  3. Cowboy Brian

11,814 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    Last year I didn't expect much from Person of Interest or Grimm and both did well. TV predictions are hard to make prior to the show debuting. Terra Nova looked like it would be a major hit and its gone.
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,324 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    The one thing that truly bothers me about Arrow is that the guy is crazy muscular after being stranded on a desert island for five years. He must have been stranded with some free weights and unlimited protein shakes.
  5. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,393 Messages
    1,381 Likes Received
    That sub show looks promising but it is hard to get into new shows these days because the majority get cancelled. Four shows me and the wife liked were: Prime suspect, Terra Nova, The Event and Alcatraz.......each was cancelled.

I'll stick to Survivor, Amazing Race, Criminal Minds and Modern Family this fall.
  6. Cowboy Brian

11,814 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    One thing I have picked up doing is waiting until it is renewed for its second season before watching, only for networks. Cable TV and channels like HBO are pretty safe for renewal if its a good show. Did it with Grimm, but Revolution and Last Resort I am looking forward to far too much to wait.
  7. Warick

Warick Member

695 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Right now I am watching Grimm, Alphas, Copper, Perception, and Revolution. Looking forward to The Walking Dead, The Mentalist, and Suits. Watched the first episode of "Go On", and it was somewhat funny.
  8. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,713 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I watched the "Go On" (with Matthew Perry) pilot after the Olympics and it was really good... I was surprised...

They are starting off the season (with that pilot, I think) on Tuesday... it's worth a watch...

I'm looking forward to "Revolution"... critics are giving "Nashville" a big thumbs up, but it doesn't look like my type of show...
  9. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,259 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Usually, Fox is quick to pull the plug on new TV series.
  10. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,324 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    I usually only stay with about two shows max, but I have dwindled it down to the following:

I started watching Major Crimes, but honestly, Mary McDonnell is a little underwhelming so far. I will probably give it the boot.

I'm going to watch Revolution, mostly because one of the main characters was such a great nemesis to Chief Johnson on the final seasons of The Closer (yeah, that's right, I watched the Closer and it was glorious).

I'll probably check out Arrow, but I always felt Green Arrow was kind of dorky so I don't know if I can get past that. Plus that whole being ripped after spending five years on an island thing.

I'll probably check out 666 Park Avenue as well. I have been waiting for a replacement show for Lost since it ended and I am hoping this is it.

I plan on checking out Vegas as well. Hopefully Dennis Quaid can make the transition to TV.
  11. DWelch1775

DWelch1775 Couch Warmer

440 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I'm excited to watch Revolution. I love to read and before I die, I'd like to write a book. I had an idea similar to the plot based on Revolution so I'm a little peeved that I didn't get to writing earlier because now I'll look like a copy cat. Anyways, if you like to read you should check out anything written by Joe Abercrombie, Patrick Rothfuss or George R.R. Martin.
  12. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,703 Messages
    271 Likes Received
    Definitely season 3 of The Walking Dead
  13. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    this is the only one I will be giving a shot from the beginning, I've got the same feeling with this that I had with american horror story
  14. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,703 Messages
    271 Likes Received
    I just finished watching the premiere of Revolution and WOW! This is going to be a really great series! The twists at the end of the episode were quite nice. And the brother Miles is one kickbutt bad ***...

I'm on XFinity (Comcast) and their website had a little thingy to allow for watching several about-to-start series "early". Sweet! :)
  15. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Dexter
    Homeland
    The Walking Dead
    Always Sunny
  16. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Active Member

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    The Walking Dead...
    :eek:
  17. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    he said new shows
  18. Cowboy Brian

11,814 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    Some TV news -

Fringe ends on Feb 1st.

CW is developing a Wonder Woman series, not clear if its the same script as the failed NBC pilot from last year or a new one. I guess they are looking at a potential pairing of Archer and Wonder Woman, this makes me doubt that Archer will be much more than a teenage female targeted drama rather than a superhero adventure I would be into like Heroes.
  19. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,974 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Revolution. Ill watch Arrow, but I do not expect a lot from it.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,675 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    I feel the same. Whenever I start getting into a show it gets cancelled.