1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Which NY Giant WR?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by QT, Dec 11, 2008.

1. QT

QT Active Member

1,902 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I have this weird hunch that one of the Giant WR's is going to hurt us. Before the season, I gambled on Plaxico. Saw his matchup against the Cowboys during the fantasy playoff week and had to get him. Nah, he decided to shoot himself in the leg. Then I leaned towards Dominik Hixon. I was high on him this week, but he missed 2 consecutive practices b/c of a foot injury.

I REALLY REALLY thought Hixon would have a BIG day vs Dallas, but now with him possibly out, I think Steve Smith or Toomer will have a big day against the Cowboys D... esp without Pacman and the safeties being injured. It could also be the young Moss.
  2. MrMom

MrMom Well-Known Member

1,608 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    That's very hard to predict. I think you can feel comfortable not going with Moss with only 110 receiving yards and 10 receptions on the year. I think it's between Smith and Toomer. Smith edges out Toomer on receptions 47 to 41. But Toomer has four TDs to Smith's one, and 505 yards to Smith's 471.

I'd go with Toomer, he seems to always play decent against us, but I don't have the stats at hand to prove that. Seeing as how you play PPR you may give the slight edge to Smith.

Good luck.
  3. QT

QT Active Member

1,902 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Yep, I was thinking Smith too. He's playing the slot. I hope Hixon can go though. Of course, Cowboys win by 1 pt... :)