1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Which prospects the Cowboys are reportedly interested in

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by honyock, Jan 15, 2013.

1. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,352 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    So I know it's early and not a lot has leaked out about who the team has an interest in yet. What I've heard - and this all comes from CZ - is that they're more interested in Cooper than Warmack, and the two safeties they've been mentioned to be interested in so far are Reid and Vaccaro. The list should grow - accurately or not - as we get closer to the draft.

Any others at this early point that we are rumored to be interested in?
  2. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,595 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received
    It'd be unwise to take Cooper over Warmack if they were both there at 18 imo. Hope that isn't true. Don't think Warmack will be there at 18 anyways, but im just saying. If you want Cooper, trade down and pick up another pick, then take Cooper.

Also, I like Vacarro over Reid, but I think Vacarro will be the first safety drafted. Reid will be available in the late first, early second.
  3. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There's a huge difference between the Cowboys showing interest in a player and fans showing an interest. Right now, the Cowboys haven't shown an interest in any players that I'm aware of. Wait to see whom they talk to at the bowls, most notably the Senior Bowl, then the Combine and the visits.

I will say that Dallas has shown a past history of not even looking at Texas players while the board screams for them.
  4. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,352 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    That's why I limited it to those three. I've at least read "the Cowboys are reportedly interested in..." or something to that effect, with those three but no others. Granted, it may be all rumor and unsubstantiated at this point, I was just curious if there were others at this very early stage.
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,906 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    Cooper might fit a zone blocking scheme better than warmack.
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,679 Messages
    1,895 Likes Received
    I don't think Warmack could ever get the natural abilities Cooper has.

There is a better chance that Cooper could blow people off the ball like Warmack does eventually.

I like both players but I think I like Cooper a little better overall. Especially if we could add a 3rd rounder.
  7. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Earl Thomas & Quentin Jammer are the only 2 examples I can come up with.. I would be comfortable going OL/DL/S in the 1st as long as he is the top player on the board.. If Warmack/Cooper/Floyd are all off the board, I would still feel great about Vacarro
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    Warmack's atheletic ability is way underrated. He has no issues getting to the 2nd level. He's a better guard than Cooper. Not only does he have the athletic ability to block in space, but he's A LOT better in short yardage situation than Cooper.

I'd rather take a player that imposes his will on his opponent. I wouldn't be upset with Cooper if Warmack isn't there, but if both are there and we took Cooper I'd take my "Catch17" bat and beat Jerry over his botoxed face with it.

That said... we all know Jerry isn't smart enough to take either one of those guards in the first.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,679 Messages
    1,895 Likes Received
    Hahahahaha
  10. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Naturally, TJ McDonald because of the Kiffin connection. I wonder if they would bring in Janzen Jackson, undrafted FA last year. Played under Kiffin as a freshman at Tennessee and had some potential before transferring. Caught on with the Giants for a little bit. He might be damaged goods at this point but still worth a training camp invite.
  11. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cooper seems like boom or bust to me.

Warmack is a proven commodity guy that played/practiced vs elite competition all the time and had top tier coaching.
  12. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,595 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received
    There are a lot of good safeties in this draft. If the best we come away with is T.J. McDonald, I'll be pretty disappointed tbh.. Vacarro, Elam, Reid, Williams, or Rambo. Take one (or even 2) of those guys and don't look back.
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,889 Messages
    4,240 Likes Received
    I have read that BROADDUS likes Cooper more than Warmack. I have not read that the COWBOYS like Cooper better than Warmack or that they like either player at all.

Let's not confuse what a former scout says he likes with something reported that the team likes.

:cool:
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,582 Messages
    1,555 Likes Received
    I would love to have ONE guy on the O line that can just take out anyone on a power play. we have not had that since LA.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,889 Messages
    4,240 Likes Received
    When LA pulled and bulldozed Greg Lloyd in the Superbowl...still one of my favorite cowboys plays of all time.

And you are right.

We addressed the OT spot with TS...now we need to address the OG and/or OC spot in the draft.

Let's get this interior of the OL squared away before we have to do a complete team rebuild on offense...most of the skill players are young but Tony and Jason are in the tail end of their careers.

Let's get this thing squared away instead of putting it off with duct tape and glue each year.
  16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,408 Messages
    8,301 Likes Received
    I think you're right about that. Unless I missed the report that the Cowboys prefer Cooper.

I think people are focusing more on Cooper because he stands a much better chance of being there at 18.
  17. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I'd be totally shocked if Warmack was there at 18. If for some reason he is there we better draft him. I just don't see it though.

I'm thinking Warmack is gone before 18 and we select somebody like Reid, Vacarro, Richardson or the 3 technique DT Bennie Logan from LSU.
  18. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,446 Messages
    2,061 Likes Received
    there are several very good OL, DL, and safeties in this draft, all positions of dire need for us

if we can trade down into the mid 20s and pick up a 2 or 3, that would be ideal

likely need to go OL and DL in rounds 1 and 2 in no particular order but based on draft board

then, safety in 3 (since this class is pretty deep at safety and we are likely to get a very very good player there)

this draft can bring 3 starters with the first 3 picks if we are smart
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,679 Messages
    1,895 Likes Received
    I like Cooper a little more becase of the athletic ability he shows.

I concede that Warmack is a better player today but im not convinced Cooper couldn't pass him once he gets to an NFL team.

I'd be thrilled to have either.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,679 Messages
    1,895 Likes Received
    Thoughts?

[youtube]j4S5bcc0HQ0[/youtube]

[youtube]UT55cgkIHNQ[/youtube]

vs

[youtube]kYVkEOzZkEM[/youtube]

[youtube]2N-ZIZ2VsGs[/youtube]