1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Which teams in the NFC do you think are better than us?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Woods, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Firstly, I'd say no team in the NFC is head and shoulders better than us.

In terms of better on paper right now, I'd say

Seattle - Better OL, more solid at RB (proven runner, that is), Hasselback seems to have really matured. (That said, I think our starting WRs and TE is better.)

Carolina - maybe. But I think we're roughly equal right now.

I consider the NFC East teams more or less equal - all within 1-2 games of each other.

Who else would you add to the list?
  2. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,896 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    atlanta and tampa equal or better
  3. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,049 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Until the first spring training game, none of them are better than us. Afterwards? We'll see.

JMO, but we have some depth issues at NT..

David.
  4. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think NT depth will get sorted out in the Draft.
  5. NYCowboy22

NYCowboy22 Member

632 Messages
    0 Likes Received

No way Atlanta is that good. Maybe TB, maybe.
  6. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I'm not that keen on Atlanta either.
  7. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,868 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Hard to say. Injuries play a large part in how good we or someone else is. Giants may be a good team if they get LaVar. We aren't as good as the Deadskins until we prove otherwise. Seattle will be good. We can be as good if not better than any team, but we need to have better offensive line play.
  8. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Guys that get paid to predict these things are usually wrong. Who knows?
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,017 Messages
    7,761 Likes Received
    By your own logic, Seattle isn't as good as we are, until proven otherwise.
  10. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,896 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    atlanta has strengthen an already good defense in the offseason.
  11. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Redskins swept us, how is that equal. The Giants made the playoffs with a lesser experienced qb, how is that equal?
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,052 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
    I've had a bad feeling this position may come back to haunt us. Thats why if we take a NT withour 1st pick then I have no complaints.

I say Carolina and the Giants are the 2 teams to worry about.

Having Terrell Owens really gives us a chance against anybody. + a kicker.

Seattle doesn't scare me because I think they will go back to their usual selves and not live up to expectations.

Hasselbeck played out of his mind last year as well. I dont think he'll ever sniff another season like that one.
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    The Giants don't worry me as long as Manning does not increase his accuracy.
    We DOMINATED the skins in the first game and they did it to us in the second. SO that is a wash; but as fragile as Brunnell is I do not see him making it throught the whole season. Once he goes down they are toast.
    With Seattle its all about Hasselback- I do not think he will be quite as good this year- and they have to replace Hutchinson. Carolina we have beat but they are very good. Chicago still has to find a real offense. Atlanta will give us problems as long as Vick is healthy. TB- depends on how well their QB plays. BUT no one in the NFC scares me.
  14. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    I have no proof that any are..........with our new FA's signings.....who knows?
  15. Gfunk

Gfunk New Member

291 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    **** the NFC South
  16. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Seattle and Carolina
  17. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,264 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I am not sure how next year will go, but we were right there with the NFC playoff teams.

Seattle never did scare me at all. We matched up with them very well.
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I think Carolina is going to be very, very tough to beat -- they get a lot of good players back on defense, and I expect them to draft a very good RB.

I also think Atlanta might be tough. What if someone gives them a first for Schaub and they draft another good player? I'm not a big fan of Vick, but he is dangerous and they run the ball well and play good defense.

Tampa could even be quite good...

But since these guys are all in the same division, maybe they'll beat each other up. :)

Hate to say it, but Washington will probably be tough, although I don't expect their good injury luck to hold up this year.
  19. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Seattle will be tough, of course Carolina and the remaining teams from the NFC East!! I think Dallas will have a rough test this year looking at their NFC schedule!
  20. SouthernStar

SouthernStar New Member

283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "on paper" doesn't mean a thing to me. So (going by last year's actual performance):
    Giants
    Washington
    Chicago
    Tampa Bay
    Carolina
    Seattle

The only two we need be concerned about is the Giants and Washington. Win the division and we're in. Anything can happen in the playoffs and THATS where we need to shine once we're in. But you gotta GET THERE first....

BTW, I think that there will NOT be a wildcard from the NFC East this year. Either WIN the division, or sit at home for the playoffs.