1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

While we are at it, why not question the trainers?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BruceLee5450, Jan 1, 2013.

1. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I know it hasn't settled in on everyone yet, and the easy toy to kick around is Tony Romo, but why aren't there threads questioning the training staff on this team? Are you really going to tell me all of these players went down by freak injuries & none of them could've been prevented?
  2. Tezz

Tezz Active Member

378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Come on the trainers?!
  3. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Yeah, exactly the reaction I thought I'd get... It's easy to run away from that subject and not question how they run things in that department.. Look how long it took them to diagnose Jay Ratliff's injury, where if diagnosed correctly, he would've already had the surgery a couple weeks prior & could've been out there playing these last couple weeks, and they were unable to put a correct timetable on Murray.. & the other 10+ season ending injuries... You find my thread silly Tezz, while I find it comical that none of these guys get called out and we figure out why we have been snakebit by injuries. I just don't think you can tell me all of these were freak things... No clue if they aren't stretching these guys out right, or going the extra mile on every player in the organization to keep their body's performing at a high level & able to take punishment without it taking a toll on their body
  4. Tezz

Tezz Active Member

378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Well I guess, but it's something we will never know and I think it would be the last thing the organization changes. I dont know about Ratliff, but regarding Murray's foot injury its common around the league to not have a timetable. I dont think its the training staff because a lot of these players were getting hurt in college also which is why some players fell to the Cowboys in the draft.
  5. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,968 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    I'd be more likely to blame the trainers if we saw a herd of players coming up with cramps or muscle pulls.

But we've seen guys break fingers, have their sockets pull out of joint, break ribs, break ankles -- hardly the sort of thing a training staff can really prevent from happening in the game of football.
  6. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,879 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    That's what i'm talking about! I think we should even look at the impact the waterboys have had on conditioning. Go all out.
  7. RoyWilliams

RoyWilliams Member

83 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Every teams message board asks the same question. I think there are several things that factor into injuries bad luck, age, ability to play hurt, and just being injury prone. Is anyone surprised Murray, Lee, or Austin are hurt based on their history?
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,916 Messages
    2,103 Likes Received
    Legit question for sure.

How could you ever answer it though?
  9. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I could see it if the injuries were hammy or muscle pull type deals.

Broken fingers, cracked ribs, concussions, hyper extended elbows, broken bones, hernias and the like aren't really due to how much time they are spent working out. I do agree though from the standpoint though that with this much mediocrity on the field should mean everyone is accountable though including the man who calls himself GM down.