1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who are the four?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ThreeandOut, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,795 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I just saw an interesting Tweet from Jeff Sullivan, who is writing a behind the scenes article on the Cowboys draft. He stated there are four players the Cowboys would consider moving up for in the draft. If the price is too high to move up and if none are there at 14, they will look to trade down.

He could not reveal the four names. When one person guessed Cox, Barron, DeCastro and Brockers, he replied that the guy was batting .500 with his guess.

So who are the four? My guess would be Cox, Richardson, Clairborne, or Richardson.
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    whats his twitter handle?
  3. ThreeandOut

1,795 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    @SullyBaldHead
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Barron, Cox, Claiborne and Richardson
  5. ThreeandOut

1,795 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    That's what I meant to type. Did this in a hurry because I'm off to see the Spurs play.
  6. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Really? Richardson? I'm not saying he is a great talent, but trade up to get ANOTHER running back?!?
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,380 Likes Received
    Talent over need.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    if the boys trade up it would be only a spot or two; no more. I hope they do not. Frankly there is no one I see worth trading up for that if they fell that far would be worth getting. If one of the top 3-4 players after the two QBs fall it is because something was found out about them that is bad.
  9. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I would be very very okay with 1 of those 4.
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Claiborne for sure, Cox and Richardson depending on price probably, Barron no way.
  11. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

I would be ok with 3 of those 4, that is of course depending what the price is. 2 of them (Claiborne, Cox) I could swallow the higher price. One of them (Barron) really would borderline and I don't agree trading up for any RB so Richardson I cant justify the cost at all.
  12. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    Richardson's the only one worth trading up for, those other guys are good but not elite.
  13. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    that's a really good point about barron. moving up that far for barron is hard to justify period, no?

really? even for richardson at 8? we might lose a late pick but we'd essentially be trading felix jones for trent richardson wouldn't we?
  14. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cox, Barron,Claiborn and Poe.
  15. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No one in their right mind would trade up for Poe
  16. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Heck, let's not be bashful, let's trade all the way up to #1, take Luck. I mean, hey, he is a talent. And if we are going to trade up to take a talent over need, let's go all out.

:rolleyes:
  17. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  18. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    No way they'd ever trade up for a RB. RBs aren't worth first round picks in general. Much less a first plus.
  19. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Cox, Claiborne, Barron, or Ingram

I don't think Ingram is sliding anywhere, and they'd take him in a heartbeat if he was available at #14. I don't think they'd trade up to get him, though.

They may trade up a spot or two for Barron if they really want him, but I think he's going to be there at #14.

I think if Cox or Claiborne is still available at 9, the Cowboys might offer their third and a late rounder next year to go get one or the other. But I don't expect either of them to still be on the board by then.