1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who are you rooting for in the Post Season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Fastphilly, Jan 1, 2013.

1. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    My mind is being blown here as well.
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,214 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    We have absolutely hit rock bottom as an organization when Cowboy fans cheer for the Redskins so somehow it will possibly cause change here.

Is it so bad that is what fans think it will take?
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,680 Messages
    9,905 Likes Received
    Jerry's offseason splashes to generate fan excitement is exactly what you want to avoid.

We don't need sexy or flash. We need to build our lines. As boring as that may be for some people.
  4. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    My thought exactly. Broncos/Seahawks would be interesting.

/I still don't think Atlanta can do it
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,942 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    I'm not certain what you're referring to, specifically, and don't want the clarification. But my reference was to the Cowboy in the old Pace picante sauce commercials if the context helps.

[youtube]mSxnieYctVM[/youtube]
  6. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,856 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    1. Colts
    2. Seahawks
    3. Broncos
  7. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I was just glad to see the Giants miss out. No more four leaf clovers to pick out of Tom Coughlin's back yard garden this time around. Furthermore, their fans are arrogant.

I would like to see Minnesota and the Broncos in the Superbowl (if my yeam doesn't make it of course). Sure would be nice to see a team with a awesome running game with a servicable QB (Ponder) win it all for a change instead of the usual media worship of the Brady's, Rodgers, Mannings of the world after the Super Bowl and off season.

I wouldn't mind seeing RG3 getting it done. I know the Redskins are not as hated in the NFCW like it is with other NFCE teams, but the guy has class and is very respectful.He knows he has talent but still has a humbleness about him as well. Pete Carrol goes over the top on his sideline celebrations. I often wondered when he is going to break out the cheerleader pom poms. I don't like Seattle period.
  8. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,134 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I want Seattle to lose to GB for Karma sake. Ill be rooting for New England. Even though I think Denver gonna play GB in SB
  9. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,973 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    I'll go with this.

I'm basically just rooting against the Colts but I do like Baltimore. Vikings in the NFC.
  10. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,682 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    Not rooting for anyone, although the Colts and their situation, and possibly a worst to first drama is kinda neat to think about.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,942 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    This is the game I most want to see, too.
  12. Sb or Bust

Sb or Bust Active Member

217 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    I'm done watching professional football this season until the Super Bowl. I root against 9ers, redskins, packers, or patriots getting to SB
  13. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Now we're talking.
  14. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    anybody except the pats or redskins
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    They have no chance, but it's easy to pick a front-runner:
    So, I want the Bengals to go as far as possible.
    Other than Pacman, I like their team ok.

I know, odds are they are one and done and at best two and done.
  16. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,034 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    Most of Jerry's so called "splash" moves during the offseason have worked out pretty well. In the 90's he made a splash move by trading for Charles Haley that excited the fans and helped the Cowboys become a great team. Haley brought not only great talent to the Cowboys but a winning attitude having won championships with SF. Jerry made a splash move that excited the fans by bringing in Deion.

He was another great player from a championship team who helped the Cowboys win another SB. Jerry made a splash move 3 years ago moving up for Dez in the draft. That move got fans excited and it's a move that's starting to pan out. Jerry made a splash move last April that excited the fans by moving up for Claiborne. The move for Roy Williams a few years ago was during the season that was a desperation move that backfired.

Jerry went after a player who wasn't producing on a bad team and even most fans questioned the move that cost the team 2 premium picks. Adding mid tier free agents from bad teams isn't going to excite fans or bring a winning attitude to the team. Jerry needs to go out and make a significant move by adding a real good proven player along the OL or DL that's played for a winner who'll not only excite the fan base but bring a winning attitude to the team. With even Romo supporters souring on him and Ware who could be showing signs of decline the Cowboys need something to give the fans a boost.

With Washington's future looking bright with RG3, Morris and an NFC EAST title and the Cowboys future looking dismal with an aging corp group, a starting QB who's starting to fall out of favor with the fans and a 3rd straight season sitting home for the playoffs Jerry has a dilemma on his hands. Even Philly will be giving their fans some hope with a new head coach. Jerry has to make a splash because if things start going bad again next season he's bound to start seeing a drop in ticket sales. The fascination with the stadium is only going to keep fans packing it for so long to watch a mediocre team.
  17. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    They got over one milestone and thats beating the Steelers in Heinz Field for a playoff birth. I truly believe that if they lost that game Marvin Lewis would have been loading up the U-Haul truck. I would like to see the Bengals surprise us with a deep run in the playoffs. I think they have enough in the tank to steal one from the Texans next week but after that I have little hope.
  18. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,915 Messages
    1,345 Likes Received
    Ravens, Colts, Seahawks, Vikings. I could live with Patriots or Broncos. I want the Deadskins, 49ers and Packers to lose though.
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    That is disgraceful.:mad: :dissskin:
  20. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,484 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Broncos and Packers. Like both QB's immensely.

Anyone who doesn't like PM should watch this...