1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who Benefits most from Marinelli?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 18, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,982 Messages
    2,000 Likes Received
    I think Tyrone Crawford.

Guy has the size and run def skill to thrive in this defense. Where he could improve is passrush. Marinelli can work on that. Crawford improved throughout the yr and I think Dallas will let him compete for the job rather than go out and draft a DE high. Bring in vet to compete with him. And if the vet beats him out fine, you go into next yrs draft with that need.

Alot of fans like to bicker about how the Cowboys never develope talent. But most dont seem to know what that means. Because you have a player you just drafted in the 3rd round who fits the system opposite Ware but everybody is dismissing him. Id like to see Dallas try him for a yr before drafting high.

Same can be said for DT. Ratliff and Hatcher are not slouches. And Hatcher was very disrupted where ever the team had him line up wether was it DE them 3 man fronts or inside on the 4 man. DT is deep this draft so id like for Dallas to wait til RD2 or maybe Rd3.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    In general everyone. A beter defense helps the offense. Specifically I'd say your guess of Crawford is a good one. I'll go in another direction and say our high round draft pick this year.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,140 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Assuming Spencer is not re-signed huh... I believe Spencer will be back with Dallas.
  4. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Lissemore.

I really like the work Brian Baker did with Hatcher to turn him from a rotation guy into a quality starter and I think he got Lissemore going the right way before his injury. I think Marinelli can step up that progress for Lissemore, who could be a real good fit in this defense. But obviously Crawford should benefit from his coaching as well.
  5. Sb or Bust

Sb or Bust Active Member

217 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Spears. He has one more contract in him. He needs to prove is more than a JAG.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,670 Messages
    9,899 Likes Received
    I'm certainly not dismissing Crawford. I have him penciled in as a starter next year right now. That's a big leap of faith considering his next sack will be his first.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,670 Messages
    9,899 Likes Received
    Please no. Move on.
  8. gimmesix

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Spears is not a real good fit for this defense. Neither is Kenyon Coleman. Both are 3-4 run-stoppers without much ability to penetrate. I don't know if they can play the "nose tackle" spot or not, but that would be their only hope.
  9. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,429 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Tony Romo IMO. If we can get TO's it changes things a lot.
  10. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,186 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Well, if they can at least hold their ground a la Ellis Wyms/Chuck Darby/Brad Culpepper, I think Spears/Coleman could fit in. Look at those Bucs DLs from the good years. Sapp was clearly the best interior linemen. Off the top of my head, the only above average DT to line up next to Sapp was Booger McFarland.

Now, who is our Sapp? That's the question.

Oh how I wish and hope that Dallas can get pressure with the front four and don't have to blitz. With Carter and Lee roaming around with Carr and Claiborne on the outsides, this D could get scary.
  11. gimmesix

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    I think we have several Sapp candidates, beginning with a healthy Ratliff. Lissemore, Hatcher and Crawford also are better suited for that role than the McFarland role. Ratliff and Lissemore are the only ones of those four who can play the McFarland role, though, which might be where Spears, Josh Brent, Brian Price, etc., come in as guys who can hold their ground.

Our best interior starting lineup at this point is probably Hatcher as Sapp and Ratliff as McFarland. It could change to Ratliff as Sapp and Lissemore as McFarland, if Hatcher can't shine in the Sapp role.

Hatcher and Crawford also could end up as left end candidates if Spencer isn't kept or when Dallas wants to go big on the line but still have a pass-rush presence at end.
  12. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    short term: ME. Because it mellows me out about Kiffin:)

long term: the whole defense and organization because I sincerely hope Rod stays here until he retires.....5 yrs. or more would be great
  13. Goldenrichards83

Goldenrichards83 Active Member

1,612 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hatcher and Crawford. One or both will be the new Henry Melton.
  14. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So the Cowboys will have two Meltons, with the original one coming in from Chicago!;)
  15. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,177 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    I think it's a bit too soon to be extremely excited about Crawford. I think the fact that he was our second pick makes people feel like he was a 2nd round draft pick.

I do get the impression that the kid is really raw, so if Marinelli can make a difference with someone, I think he would be a really good option. I think Hatcher is a younger player than his age, given the amount of time he has actually got to play, he could certainly flourish.
  16. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,934 Messages
    495 Likes Received
  17. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Jay Ratliff first and foremost,....IF he can remain healthy.

Crawford and Hatcher too for that matter.
  18. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Lee and Carter. They were never going to stay healthy in a 3-4.
  19. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,347 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    I think Sean Lissemore.

Marinelli's best work has come from the DT's he works with. I think Lissemore is a perfect fit in this system. He was a spinter in college. And he was at his best in passing downs in the 3-4 where it was more like this scheme playing the 1-gap. I don't quite think he'll be using the 3-technique.

YR
  20. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Hopefully Glenn Dorsey.

*pet cat alert*