1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who gets Alex Smith?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by rbr651, Feb 3, 2013.

1. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    In 2011 Smith went 13-3 had a 101 passer rating in the first round of the playoffs, this year he took off and played amazing. I believe he was prematurely benched and could of gone every bit as far as Kapernick. Where does he go and what does the 9ers get in trade?
  2. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,078 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    KC. 3rd Round pick.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,922 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    Great Bus driver.
    He had a very similar year to (but not quite as good as) David Garrard's best year, except DG had a much strong arm.

Smith will find a home. He's a solid player. I hear Andy Reid likes him as a decent fit in his offense.
  4. Carl23

Carl23 Member

268 Messages
    11 Likes Received

If I were Minnesota, I would lie, cheat, and steal to get him. Their QB play is atrocious.
  5. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...he could ABSOLUTELY drive that bus in Minny....nice fit IMO.
  6. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

784 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Alex Smith may help the 49ers win the Super Bowl, but in the sense Hershel Walker did as trade bait.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,233 Messages
    1,324 Likes Received
    Well, the guy is 19-5-1 in his past 25 starts. It proves that if you get him on a talented team, he can win ball games for you. He won't carry you but he can take you to the playoffs and possibly further.
  8. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Too bad for NYJ they can't dump Sanchez because the cap hit would be huge. Smith would be right at home there.