1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

who has worse injuries? us or G-Men

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JoeyBoy718, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Matts4313

Matts4313 Active Member

275 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    You are missing a few:

Their starting C and T are both hurt, along with their FB. Cruz is also banged up. As is their 3rd round draft pick, Moore.
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    The hell?
  3. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Uncalled for. But, to answer your question, he's a quick, smart, instinctive and athletic linebacker. You know when Gruden complements Eli for being intellectual, studying film and picking apart defenses, just because Peyton does that, and Eli is in his bloodline? Well, Lee actually does that, and he's a linebacker
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,853 Messages
    2,129 Likes Received
    If both their starting C and T are out, then they are worse off.
    Cruz is fine. If not, he and Caliborne can maybe offset each other.

3rd round Draft picks don't count :) They at least need to play some to say their absense hurts.
    Have to admit, i thought Dallas was going to take Moore when he was still there in the 3rd.
    Heck, a gimpy Beasley counts more than a player who has yet top play an NFL game.

But yeah, I guess you're right, maybe the Gnats get the nod with two lineman and the Browns down..
  5. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,112 Messages
    1,651 Likes Received
    Isn't the tackle who is injured being replaced by their 1st round pick? The rookie likely would have started anyway.
  6. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,849 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    He studies hard but he also has an innate ability to see a play unfolding which gets him to the ball carrier much faster than most. Kind of the same thing with QBs, it helps to study but some QBs (like Romo or Brady) have this innate ability to see the entire field and quickly find the open receiver (in most cases).
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,878 Messages
    2,718 Likes Received
    I fully agree but I think much of that is because he spends hours on hours in the film room, when a play is developing he knows what is going on because he has seen it and knows it and knows where he has to be and of course has the physical ability to get there.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,853 Messages
    2,129 Likes Received
    Some truth there too.
    According to Broaddas, the two guys who have spent the most time in the film room are Lee and Romo.
  9. cowboys2233

3,849 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    I agree that it helps, particularly with pre-snap reads. But again, he is able to see how players are flowing and rapidly identify the quickest path to the ball carrier. It's more of a "feel" than anything. Great instincts. Kind of like a great running back, they just have the ability to feel where the opening is going to be. They can't tell you how they do it, they can just do it.
  10. Doomsday101

76,878 Messages
    2,718 Likes Received
    Just based on things I have heard Lee has always been that way even at Penn State. Here is something from last year on Lee

Sean Lee already knows virtually every detail of the Dallas Cowboys' complicated defensive scheme.

"His knowledge of the game is just amazing," fellow linebacker Victor Butler said. "He picks up stuff like that. He probably could coach us."

When Rob Ryan sees how teammates respond and follow Lee, the Cowboys defensive coordinator is reminded of one of his former Super Bowl-winning linebackers, Tedy Bruschi.

"He deserves the respect. He has earned the respect," Ryan said of Lee. "Tedy didn't have to say anything. They just followed him. It's the same way with Sean."

http://www.prioritysports.biz/news/sean-lee-quickly-leader-cowboys-defense/20120828
  11. Doomsday101

76,878 Messages
    2,718 Likes Received
    I don't disagree he has very good skills and instinct I just think when a guy is soaking up the knowledge it makes it a lot easier on him to know what is coming before the play even develops and that you get from hours on end of watching tape.
    DFWJC likes this.
  12. cowboys2233

3,849 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Sure, but 90% of the linebackers out there could spend an equal amount of time studying and still wouldn't read and react the way he does. I remember an interview Romo once did, where he said essentially the same thing. He wasn't bragging but just stated matter of factly that he has always been able to see things really quickly and react to them. The TD pass to Austin in the Cinci preseason game was a perfect example. That was not a designed play, Austin had to come all the way across the back of the end zone. Romo saw it happening and adjusted. It's why he is able to make so many plays after things have broken down. It doesn't come from studying, it comes from that innate ability that separates great players from average ones.

Lee has the same ability, just on the other side of the ball.
  13. Doomsday101

76,878 Messages
    2,718 Likes Received
    Again I don't disagree but fact is a lot of guys don't put the time in watching film and as Irvin once said some guys do not even understand what they are watching for when viewing tape. You can watch a ton of tape but if you are not getting anything from it you are not learning from it then it does not matter. I think Lee has very good ability and instinct and gets the most out of it because he does put in that extra
  14. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

2,562 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    Huh?
  15. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,498 Messages
    789 Likes Received
    We are more healthy now than we have been in 5 years!!!
  16. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,691 Messages
    1,386 Likes Received
    after the game? they will be MUCH more injured!!!
  17. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I read that Nix said he's as healthy as he can be. Sounds like his groin issue may still be bothering him.