1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who here has really really bad tempers?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by tupperware, Sep 23, 2011.

1. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I'm not talking about you aw shucks I'll say a few curse words and sleep it off kind of people.

Who here has raging bull tempers? I'll slap a few pictures off the dresser, slam a few doors, etc.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,751 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    I used to. I'd fight for no reason at all. Perspectives on life changed.
  3. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,892 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    I have a terrible temper.
  4. SC Cowboyfan

SC Cowboyfan Member

740 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I did as well. I've learned to control it.
  5. lane

lane The Chairman

10,723 Messages
    640 Likes Received

this...
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,002 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I've mellowed a bit. I will cuss and *****, but generally won't get physical unless someone else does first.

One thing I've noticed is if someone else is pissed off and ****ting on other people, I tend to get pissed off too. (other peoples moods have a dramatic affect on me) If they are aggressive towards people (or me), it doesn't bode well for the situation.
  7. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received

When I was in my late teens and early 20s, I was quite sensitive about being rather short... part of this is because the sport I really loved, the one I was actually pretty good at, was basketball, and there ain't much room in that game for a 5-9 white guy, even if he can flat out fill it up from 20 feet...

So, back then all you had to do was crack some kind of short joke at my expense, and the fight would be on... thankfully, after gettin' my butt thoroughly kicked a time or two or twelve, it occurred to me that I wasn't really cut out for playin' the bad***...

I still have my temper, but I don't let it out to play very often... I ride close herd on it, because when I get really angry, I think I'm ten feet tall and bulletproof...

Problem is, I'm not... and hell, I'm pushin' 60 now, it's time to start acting like an adult-- in real life, that is, I don't plan on changing my style in here... LOL...
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,942 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    Road rage to the nth degree here.
  9. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So, you bust furniture when one of your favorite wrestlers lose??

:D
  10. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Reason why I ask is because, I'm 29 and I still have quite a bad temper. I've learned to control it when it comes to football, but when I get in to arguments..

Just wondering what some good strategies might be. I know the obvious ones like take deep breaths and walk around some.
  11. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,556 Messages
    39 Likes Received

taken deep breaths actually lets the oxygen get to your tense muscles. Some other strategies are removing yourself from the trigger that is getting you upset, doing something that you like, or excersiing. The trick is to know your triggers and your warning signs.
  12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,912 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    I find just general apathy helps. :D
  13. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,172 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    I love people. Especially if they're dead.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,305 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    I have really bad road rage over small stuff, but people who fail to yield the right of way and fail to use their turn signals make me blow my top.

I also get incredibly angry when I see women being disrespected, whether it's at a bar or a grocery store.
  15. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,751 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    For me, something happened in my life that changed my perspective on it. I learned that being mad is a waste of time and energy. That the only person feeling my anger really, was me.
  16. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I have a pretty bad temper. I'll yell and cuss and have broken things on occassion (my own stuff), but I've never gotten into fights or anything like that.
  17. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    :laugh2: awesome.
  18. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,098 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Had to jump in -- man, that statement is so very true.
  19. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,053 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Only thing that gets my temper boiling is someone on the left lane on a tollway going the speed limit and texting at the same time. :bang2:
  20. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I was awful and I mean awful use to go off in blind rages and do stupid stuff I still get hotter than a $2.00 pistol though its very seldom now... but at least I don't do stupid stuff anymore I walk away before I act on anything or say anything hurtful. I would say that it is one of my greatest triumphs in life is not letting that awful temper get the better of me anymore but it was a battle and I was well into my 30's before I finally got the upper hand