1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who here will be depressed if we

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rags747, Apr 24, 2006.

1. rags747

rags747 Active Member

993 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    don't get Lawson? I'm kinda building up this whole draft based on getting him. Him and Ware will just be unbelievable! Our whole defense will benefit...especially our safties and corners. Anyway, no Lawson I say tradedown for our missing 4th. :)
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received

That's why the term "MannyLove" was created (by quickdraw).

It's ok to prefer one player over the other, but don't put all your hopes and dreams into one player. That's not healthy.
  3. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

2,990 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    If we don't get Lawson, another good OLB prospect should be there or an even better player at another position will fall to us.

Whatever happens, happens.

We've set ourselves up nicely to draft the best availble player using need as a secondary consideration.

That'll do.
  4. JoshBYW

JoshBYW Member

55 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I might be depressed if we do get Lawson, considering that we probably had better options on the board in Carpenter and Wimbley.
  5. NorTex

NorTex Member

965 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    After last year's draft, I totally trust what the Cowboys decide to do...they know best and have proven that to me.
  6. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,005 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    I don't know about "MannyLove" but I definitely have "OLBLove" and will be disappointed if we don't get at least one of the big 3 (Wimbley/Carpenter/Lawson) or no OLB at all.
  7. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,720 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    If you're going to flame, at least be subtle about it.
  8. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Give me Lawson, Wimbley or Carpenter in round 1 and I'll walk away a happy man.
  9. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,891 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    :lmao2: This is going to be a fun draft for Cowboy fans. Can you imagine how many more Carpenter/Lawson/Wimbley threads we will have before Saturday?

I'm loving it, because a week from today, we will be looking at atleast one future Super Star on this team, and possibly 2.
  10. theogt

43,720 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Considering there have been like 5 in the last hour, I'd imagine it's going to get ridiculous.
  11. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    After looking at NFL.com's prospect ratings, I won't be disappointed if the Cowboys pass on Lawson.
  12. rexrobinson

rexrobinson Active Member

1,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :hammer:

I mean the value of what people want or think reguardless of what experiance or knowledge they say they have PLUS .50 cents might get you a cup of coffee.
  13. theogt

43,720 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    ??? For the most party they have Lawson as a DE. Obviously he's not going to play DE in the NFL. Surprisingly, Gil has Lawson ranked as the #2 DE. I think that's a little high. Mayock on the other hand has Carpenter as the #8 LB. I'd imagine he would have Lawson above that, so I guess he considers Carpenter as the #9 LB. That's a little low in my opinion.

The only one that has Lawson ranked as a LB is Kirwan who has him ranked as #3 behind Hawk and Sims.
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,842 Messages
    3,325 Likes Received
    Not me.
  15. Killersanta

Killersanta New Member

56 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't want manny!!!! Do you know how bad are Run D would suck???
  16. theogt

43,720 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    hahahaha
  17. rexrobinson

rexrobinson Active Member

1,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL no kidding, I mean a 251 pound 6'5 man who runs faster than most of the running backs in the league and voted MVP of his own defense which may have the number 1 overall pick in the draft is gonna be terrible at run defense.
  18. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wont shed a single tear...why should we? he isnt the only player in the draft, nor is he the only good player

David
  19. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received

OMG.

One report today has Lawson at 233.

Another one at 251.

Of course a MannyLover chooses the one he WANTS to hear.

Fact is Lawson is probably still around 240. And Lawson himself said he's never weighed more then 245 so it's a reach to think he's gained 13 lbs in about a month.
  20. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,011 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    I'm fine with Lawson but true contentment can only be derived from Ngata.