1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Who is better than Romo? Many, but we narrow it to six

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Arch Stanton, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who is better than Romo? Many, but we narrow it to six

By Adam Rank NFL.com

Let's see if I have this straight, we are heading into Week 5, and this being an odd-numbered week, we are bashing Tony Romo? Well maybe I will just follow Deion Sanders' lead. Here is what the recent Hall of Fame cornerback said about the Cowboys' starting quarterback.

"Sooner or later, we've just got to quit guessing and assuming that this guy is the guy to get you over the hump, and say, 'You know what? This guy is always going to be great statistically, but he's not that guy that can take you to where you want to go.' And that's the Super Bowl," Sanders said Sunday on NFL Network. "I'm sick and tired of it. I am. ...

Read more:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...e-narrow-it-to-six?module=HP11_content_stream
  2. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,509 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    As a Cowboys fan, I find it very hard to read this stuff. It's all BS.

But only Romo can change the perceptions that are out there. TO many, he's a loser. And only winning will change that.
  3. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,485 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    That's just plain a plain dumb article.

My daughter can write a better article.
  4. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,548 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Very true. Romo got to stop giving the fools ammunition. However, Red better start running the ball more. Romo or any QB should not make a habit of passing the ball more than 40 times a game.
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,574 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    Might as well be an article entitled .. "Who is better than your significant other? Many, but we narrow it .."

These kinds of articles are written for one reason and one reason only. To strike a nerve (good or bad) with Cowboys fans so they will read it and more importantly, tell others about it.

Who cares which quarterbacks are better than Romo? Last time I checked, those quarterbacks are under contracts with other teams.

#reality
  6. ejthedj

ejthedj Well-Known Member

1,009 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    This is a joke. Someone should fire that guy
  7. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,658 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Didn't read it, i'll assume the usual suspects: Brady, Peyton manning, Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger were the one's mentioned, maybe Phillip Rivers or Matt Ryan was thrown in there too.
  8. Gibby!

Gibby! Pom Pom Waving Shill

1,500 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Completely the opposite type of list. The #4 was pretty funny though. I will give him that.
  9. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    nope , this guy is a crack head

Mcnabb, hasselback, Gerrad, Mcgee, Orton, and Mallet

according to him these are the QBs we couldve had this offseason who would have been better....:abuseme:
  10. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,183 Messages
    45 Likes Received
  11. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why? They told him "since the Cowboyd lost your assignment is to write an idiotic anti-Romo article" and he delivered. Thay'll probably give him a raise for doing his job.
  12. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,983 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    :lmao2: Good read
  13. RESIN8

RESIN8 New Member

950 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know who is worse. The guy writing this article or all the people who believed Tony Romo was better than A Rodgers.
  14. w8lifter

w8lifter Member

445 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The only thing I can assume is this writer is trying mimmick Skip Clueless (Bayless) with shock stories that get readers upset.

:pc:

If this clown actually believes that dribble, he is a ****ing MORON.

:yousuck:
  15. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,816 Messages
    155 Likes Received

:hammer:
    I'm not even going to give them the benefit of my click.
  16. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,132 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    :clap:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Everyone gets riled up over these type articles.

Here's the deal:

a.) If Tony Romo leads this team to the Super Bowl, then he will likely silence all his critics.

b.) If Tony Romo does not lead this team to the Super Bowl, we will forever hear about how much of a choker he is, unless, he NEVER makes a mistake from here on out.

I don't know why we constantly get upset over these opinions, as if we're going to change them. Winning is the only thing that changes opinions, and even then, it doesn't for the absolute extremely stubborn among us.
  17. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,812 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Pretty Rank article by Adam Rank.
  18. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,202 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Nice article, the same Orton who just went 6/13 for 34 yards and an interception is better than Romo. Orton wouldn't last 2 weeks if he faced 1/2 the criticism that Romo does.