1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who is still happy with the Brandon Carr signing?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Well we have seen a majority of a seasons' worth of his play now. Who is still happy with the signing?

I am content with it. He is what he is as a player, he got super hyped up after we signed and overpaid for him however he is still better than a majority of corners in the league. He is undoubtedly top 20 which while not elite is excellent considering the amount of corners on the field at any given time. If Claiborne continues to progress and can eventually surpass Carr we will be very well off at CB.
  2. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    It's still early. But yes, he obviously hasn't been what we expected this year. But, with that said, Carr isn't a #1 corner in the first place. He's a vastly overpaid #2 and it's showing. The fact that our safeties have been horrible isn't helping him either. Let's give him a couple good safeties to play in front of and then decide.
  3. Manster54

Manster54 Active Member

854 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    I'm happy. Solid player. It's not my money. He will be an all star with some a safety for deep help or another pressure player to shorten the time he has to cover.
  4. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    When Church was still healthy the DB unit looked much much better.
  5. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,111 Messages
    1,883 Likes Received
    He is about the player I thought he was -- a top end #2 corner.

If you separate the fact that he got top end #1 money I'm happy with him as a player. He is a vast improvement over the broken down TNew.
  6. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,129 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    He has been pretty disappointing, granted I havent been watching a lot of kc games over the years, but for 50 mil I expected more, not awful, and maybe its just a bit of a down year for him.
  7. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    There's a select few who can perform at a top 10 level without half decent safety help.

Carr isn't one of them

However, I'm still happy with the signing.
  8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,964 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    I think it cannot be underrated how much lack of safety depth and reliable zone safety play we have had and what this has done to the success of both Claiborne and Carr. These are two defenders who are best in press/man-to-man coverage, who are being asked to play a ton of off zone coverage.

Much like our offense, we are asking players to play in a way that does not suit them, but in defense of Rob Ryan, injuries have dictated this.

To me, the defense is 1-2 good zone playmaking safeties away from being truly dominant.

Risen Star will hate me for this, but I have felt most of this year that pressure has been fine. I'm always in for more pressure players, but we need good safety play to play the man under that we covet.
  9. Joshmil53

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I think our pressure has been pretty well too.
  10. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I'm happy with Carr, Mo and Scandrick. We have the corners to compete. Now let's just get working on the offensive line.
  11. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,062 Messages
    1,250 Likes Received
    I liked the signing back then. I like the signing now. The area of the team that has improved the most from last year has been CB play.

We needed to upgrade the position and we did with Carr and Claiborne.
  12. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I liked the signing. A little disappointed that he hasn’t created more big plays. Brandon Marshal made him his *****, but other than that, he holds his own i suppose.
  13. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,387 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    I'm happy with the signing. Wish our scheme would let him play to his strengths though.
  14. Joshmil53

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Yeah Marshall tends to do that. Him and Roddy are probably the least noticed good receivers out there.
  15. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As much as we need OL help, I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted a stud DL with our first pick. We need help in the trenches on that side as well, imo.
  16. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,446 Messages
    6,006 Likes Received
    we had JJ Watt on a silver platter. imagine him between Ware and Ratliff.
  17. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,587 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    i am just gonna ask because I don`t know but who are the ten corners better than him. I see a lot of talk about he`s not a top tier guy, then who are those guys -- starting with Revis...
  18. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,610 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Your favorite player has become remarkably average and would get hurt gettin a massage.
  19. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    He won't get hurt if they stay above the waist. Just don't anyone touch his hammys...

:laugh2:
  20. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,530 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I don't have a problem when he was signed and I don't have a problem now, he is a good player and I'm glad we have him.