1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who is still happy with the Brandon Carr signing?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,994 Messages
    9,078 Likes Received
    Austin could fall face first into the fountain of youth. He's not anywhere near a top 5 WR in the league.
  2. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

984 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    if this current defense was placed onto the 2007 team theyd be severely dangerous
  3. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,978 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    When weighing the money to performance I think a good question to also ask is, "did we get a better player than Cortland Finnegan?" Because that was the market price.

I would take durability and positional flexibility into consideration as well and Carr has been both.

I'm not dissapointed but I am not elated either when I look at the money to performance aspect of the Carr signing. I think he's been as good as Finnegan and we'll have him, at least at this standard, for longer than St. Louis will have Finnegan at his current standard.

Champ Bailey doesn't grow on trees. Neither did Darrell Green.
  4. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,522 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    As high as we're going to be drafting the DL pick is almost a given unless Jerry trades back,,, no way he spends a top 10 pick on an interior OL or RT.
  5. Arik2

Arik2 Member

77 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Must be something in the Texas water that makes good corners average, head coaches/players dumber and owners delusional. In fact, isnt this the same state that has a petition to succeed from the rest of the country??? Its gotta be something in the water....
  6. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,458 Messages
    1,060 Likes Received
    The best thing about the Carr signing was it meant we didn't get asumaugh.. How would you like to be paying him big money....
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,712 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    I was pleased with it when it happened and I'm still pleased with it.

I do believe that our pass coverage has been improved, for the most part, this season and I believe Carr and Mo are obviously the biggest reasons for that.

This offseason if they'll improve the O-line and D-line I think things will be dang good for this team going forward.

First Miles isn't top 5 even when healthy.

Calvin Johnson
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Roddy White
    Brandon Marshall

Just off the top of my head these are all WR's in the NFL that would be taken over Miles Austin in a heartbeat beat.

Then if you start adding in people like Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz and Dez Bryant into the mix and Austin likely falls even further.

You hate it and will not allow yourself to admit and that's fine but your boy isn't even the Number 1 option on his own team anymore. At best he's the 3rd option at this point behind Witten and Bryant and you still want to believe he's a top 5 WR?

You should never again make the mistake of calling anyone else ignorant when it comes to NFL football.

If someone starts a discussion about the greatness of a certain player or scheme on Madden then you definately could chime in and let people know they're ignorant but when it comes to the actual NFL game that they play on TV then it's best that you don't bother.

He's not.

And he hasn't been.

He had 1 great season but even then he wasn't top 5.

But you have to expect this from R2A because he's the same guy that 3 games into that 2009 run Miles had R2A was proclaiming him the best WR in the history over the NFL. He made the point of mentioning that yes he was even better than Jerry Rice.

So you have to take his football knowledge with a grain of salt.

Rich and expected.
  8. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Yes, give him and Clairborne tow good safeties, then grade them out.:laugh1:
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,652 Messages
    2,189 Likes Received
    a little deceiving becasue the signinig in isolation was and is good

however, when u are building a team (a concept completely foreign to our esteemed GM) things should not be looked at in isolation. you cant sink all (or a very very significant majority) of your resources into one area of the team when your team has a lot of holes

giving carr the money we did, signinig scandrick to a sizable contract (that is not in keeping with his skills) and then spending our #1 and #2 picks on a CB (without top end speed by the way) is not conducive to building a team

so i would have been happy if we had signed Carr and then gone for OL and DL in the draft early OR if we had gone OL/DL in FA and then landed Mo but doing both and hanging all our hopes on getting "coverage sacks" was and is crazy
  10. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,774 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Wasn't Carr going to sign here for a little less, but then the Rams blew a huge wad for Finnegan thus increasing his market value? I wonder what Dallas had agreed to pay him before he renegotiated his terms?
  11. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

926 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    I like the player. But I don't like his contract.
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I think the debate about sacks being produced by pass rushers instead of cornerbacks has been decided. This last offseason was a step back in the team building process. Too many resources went to the secondary and other areas of the team suffers for it. This last draft could have produced three starters in the first two rounds if a trade-back took place. Instead the team got a one starter draft. I thought it was the wrong direction at the time and I still think it is the wrong direction now. Other thsn Mo, this draft class has had no impact, but we got a player that sells jerseys. That's what really counts.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,176 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    This.....
  14. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Romo2austin is like 18 years old. Let him be bias. Lol
  15. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,243 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Good post. Awaiting the rebuttal. :popcorn: :popcorn:
  16. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,933 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    I really thought production would have been better but I can't really make excuses for him.
  17. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    I'm still happy with the signing;)