1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who Is The Most Overrated Player In NFL History?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Apr 25, 2012.

1. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,473 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    This is one of the worst sports statements ever made. Joe Montana and Derek Jeter are two hall of famers (jeter will be first ballot) that are arguably the best at their position ever to play their game. Back up your idiotic comment with some facts.
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,184 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Joke post of the day!

:post:
  3. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,275 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Donavan McNabb.
  4. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,099 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    Joe Namath.
  5. strongbomb3

strongbomb3 New Member

160 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    probobly Tony Romo. He has the best defense and best Oline in the league and everyone thinks hes so good because he puts up huge numbers with the best oline in the league. He has like 20 seconds to throw and he can always trust his secondary to defend the other side of the ball and he still cant make the playoffs ugh. Look at his center, best center in the league since mike pouncy. Ooooh and terrence newman the shut down corner makes our defense.
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,898 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Dallas has the best line in the league, Really? He was an UDFA... SERIOUSLY...

You have to be facetious... you must be playing the antogonist... I get that...
  7. FanSince61

FanSince61 Thanks for the memories Dandy

865 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    [youtube]HQqIQyT-RuM[/youtube]
  8. Keystone_Heavy

Keystone_Heavy Member

275 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Anyone say Lynn Swan yet?
  9. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's a tie IMO between Joe Namath and Terry Bradshaw. If you look at everyone currently in the HOF, these two stick out like a sore thumb. They have incredibly average stats (even for the eras they played in) and neither ever had so much as one statistically memorable year (the kind that guys like Marino, Brees, Young, etc. had).

Namath is in the HOF because of his SB III prediction (which he played very little part in fulfilling, I might add) and Bradshaw because his teams won 4 SBs (and he threw more INTs than TDs in two of those four years and threw more INTs than TDs in two of those playoff runs).
  10. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Montana isnt overrated, but Derek Jeter sure as hell is.
  11. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,348 Messages
    575 Likes Received
    the rapist has to be high on the list- he "won" a SB with a QB rating of like 37 against seattle.
  12. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,184 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    .314 career batting average (over 18 year period), 5 World Series, World Series MVP, 4 Silver Slugger awards, 5 Gold Gloves, has ranked #2 and #3 in MVP voting, Rookie of the Year award, Yankee's hits record, Yankees stolen base record, 2 Hank Aaron awards, and 12 time all-star.

If he is overrated, almost every player in baseball is overrated too.
  13. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,198 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    +1

YR
  14. L-O-Jete

L-O-Jete Member

894 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Start a poll...

Lynn Swann the most undeserving HoF'er.