1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who is up for a thread on DeSean Jackson's Gang Ties?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Kaiser, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    Derrick Ward? The barely relevant ex-running back?

Okay.
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    More credibility for Mr. Ward.

Derrick Wardâś” @DerrickWard32 Follow
    I'm born and raised in South Central LA. I have uncles who are still gang bangin cousins who still gang bang. But what does that have to do

Oh.
    nickjamesw43 likes this.
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

839 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    People like this always piss me off. I live in LA and I have a friend who grew up in the worst part of Watts, got a PhD from Caltech and is a College Professor now. I have another friend from Boyle Heights that has a career and a family and has never broken the law. That part of East LA is so bad that most of the times I've gone there to see him or give him a ride, LAPD pulled me over. Why? Because 99% of the white guys driving a BMW through that neighborhood are there to buy drugs, the other 1% is guys like with a law abiding friend living there.
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,024 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    Never arrested....or in any trouble at all really...and the Eagles just paid $6M for their only good WR to play for someone else. If I was an Eagles fan I'd be pretty upset unless some more info comes out. I mean lets be honest here, what percentage of the NFL would be cut for having childhood friends affiliated with gangs? I'm not saying Jackson isn't an immature punk, but it sure didn't seem to affect his ability to play football last year....and nor did the fans seem to care when the team was winning.
    Wood likes this.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,593 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received

you must still believe in the Tooth Fairy
  6. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,587 Messages
    794 Likes Received
    Just a small connection to a couple of gang-related murders. No biggie like Josh Brent. :rolleyes:
    Kaiser and Wolf2k5 like this.
  7. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

872 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    if he liked red and was with the red gang, he'd be throwing up a 'b'
  8. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Ya, well, Aaron Hernandez happened. Teams aren't going to let this stuff fly under the radar as much anymore. I'm sure the Eagles know more about Desean than any of us do.
  9. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

854 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Oh well thats his fault, how can you be in your mid 20's then all of a sudden want to play gangster? The people who do live that life style will not push that it on anyone. That is all they know. So it DJ want to play thug so be it.
  10. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,587 Messages
    794 Likes Received
    Not if he's savvy like Aaron Hernandez.
  11. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,879 Messages
    2,026 Likes Received
    Same could have been said for Aaron Hernandez.

The Eagles know more than anyone about this. That story that came out was nothing compared to what they know.
  12. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,308 Messages
    2,111 Likes Received
    Then use a different font. It comes across as deadpan and expecting people to get it when they have no reason to is asinine.
  13. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,490 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    or maybe not. The lead investigator who first discovered that Jackson friend was associated with murder...contacted the eagles about this and they never even called him back. The Eagles then extended Desean Jackson to long term deal in same year. This is more about a player not fitting into Chump Kelly college program in Philly.
  14. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Eagles will target a WR in the first, Watkins will be gone, doubt Evans slips that far.

Chip had a good look at Marquis Lee from his days in the PAC-12 so I'm hoping they pick him. Benjamin and Beckham are better prospects IMO.

SN: Damn this is a deep draft. Every position I look at is stacked.
  15. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    He only had the best season of his career last year, he must not fit in an offense that thrives on speed haha. I think it has to do with him being a headcase and demanding too much money. Some team will pick this chump up though.
  16. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,490 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    he was 26 years old last year and thats about when they start to peak. Some team with get him cheap and he will instantly change the potency of their offense. I would love to see him go to NE and continue arms race with Denver but the hernandez situation will scare NE away.
  17. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,287 Messages
    901 Likes Received
    Shady Mccoy didn't happen to be in the same gang did he??

Would love to see him get cut as well! :)
    nake likes this.
  18. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,024 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    The Pats did nothing with Hernandez until he literally had cuffs around his wrists. Jackson has never even been accused of anything besides being friends with the wrong people. Maybe they do know something and more will come out, but until then it doesn't exactly look great from the perspective of an eagles fan.

Jackson annoys me like very few people and I hate to sound like I'm defending him, but he's done nothing thus far that keeps him from doing his job of catching footballs. As a fan that would bother me, but hey, 1 less weapon for the eagles so good.
  19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,879 Messages
    2,026 Likes Received
    They did not release Jackson because he is friends with the wrong people. They'd have to release half the team if that was the case.

They know something. As Adam Shefter reported, the Eagles would not trade Jackson for a pick because they did not feel right about handing over those issues for the other team without them knowing. That says there is a lot more than what has been reported, and the Eagles want no part of it.
  20. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,275 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received
    lol That was good! I would want nothing to do with that punk!