Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Kaiser, Mar 28, 2014.
Derrick Ward? The barely relevant ex-running back?
More credibility for Mr. Ward.
Derrick Ward✔ @DerrickWard32 Follow
I'm born and raised in South Central LA. I have uncles who are still gang bangin cousins who still gang bang. But what does that have to do
People like this always piss me off. I live in LA and I have a friend who grew up in the worst part of Watts, got a PhD from Caltech and is a College Professor now. I have another friend from Boyle Heights that has a career and a family and has never broken the law. That part of East LA is so bad that most of the times I've gone there to see him or give him a ride, LAPD pulled me over. Why? Because 99% of the white guys driving a BMW through that neighborhood are there to buy drugs, the other 1% is guys like with a law abiding friend living there.
Never arrested....or in any trouble at all really...and the Eagles just paid $6M for their only good WR to play for someone else. If I was an Eagles fan I'd be pretty upset unless some more info comes out. I mean lets be honest here, what percentage of the NFL would be cut for having childhood friends affiliated with gangs? I'm not saying Jackson isn't an immature punk, but it sure didn't seem to affect his ability to play football last year....and nor did the fans seem to care when the team was winning.
you must still believe in the Tooth Fairy
Just a small connection to a couple of gang-related murders. No biggie like Josh Brent.
if he liked red and was with the red gang, he'd be throwing up a 'b'
Ya, well, Aaron Hernandez happened. Teams aren't going to let this stuff fly under the radar as much anymore. I'm sure the Eagles know more about Desean than any of us do.
Oh well thats his fault, how can you be in your mid 20's then all of a sudden want to play gangster? The people who do live that life style will not push that it on anyone. That is all they know. So it DJ want to play thug so be it.
Not if he's savvy like Aaron Hernandez.
Same could have been said for Aaron Hernandez.
The Eagles know more than anyone about this. That story that came out was nothing compared to what they know.
Then use a different font. It comes across as deadpan and expecting people to get it when they have no reason to is asinine.
or maybe not. The lead investigator who first discovered that Jackson friend was associated with murder...contacted the eagles about this and they never even called him back. The Eagles then extended Desean Jackson to long term deal in same year. This is more about a player not fitting into Chump Kelly college program in Philly.
Eagles will target a WR in the first, Watkins will be gone, doubt Evans slips that far.
Chip had a good look at Marquis Lee from his days in the PAC-12 so I'm hoping they pick him. Benjamin and Beckham are better prospects IMO.
SN: Damn this is a deep draft. Every position I look at is stacked.
He only had the best season of his career last year, he must not fit in an offense that thrives on speed haha. I think it has to do with him being a headcase and demanding too much money. Some team will pick this chump up though.
he was 26 years old last year and thats about when they start to peak. Some team with get him cheap and he will instantly change the potency of their offense. I would love to see him go to NE and continue arms race with Denver but the hernandez situation will scare NE away.
Shady Mccoy didn't happen to be in the same gang did he??
Would love to see him get cut as well!
The Pats did nothing with Hernandez until he literally had cuffs around his wrists. Jackson has never even been accused of anything besides being friends with the wrong people. Maybe they do know something and more will come out, but until then it doesn't exactly look great from the perspective of an eagles fan.
Jackson annoys me like very few people and I hate to sound like I'm defending him, but he's done nothing thus far that keeps him from doing his job of catching footballs. As a fan that would bother me, but hey, 1 less weapon for the eagles so good.
They did not release Jackson because he is friends with the wrong people. They'd have to release half the team if that was the case.
They know something. As Adam Shefter reported, the Eagles would not trade Jackson for a pick because they did not feel right about handing over those issues for the other team without them knowing. That says there is a lot more than what has been reported, and the Eagles want no part of it.
lol That was good! I would want nothing to do with that punk!