1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who is up for a thread on DeSean Jackson's Gang Ties?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Kaiser, Mar 28, 2014.

1. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,021 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    JUST SAY NO
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Where did you read that? I find it hard to believe
  3. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,423 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    More players than you would think have gang ties. Nothing new or surprising here.

Maybe if desean got the dez treatment, they wouldn't have to worry about him off the field.
  4. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,423 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    Yep. B for blood.
    Or a P for piru.
    Both are very closely related.
    Combined it is the "blood alliance"
    They can wear more than just red.
    Some wear burgundy and lime green. And it differs depending on what part of the country you live in.

FWIW, one NFL player from my hometown was a known blood member growing up and throughout HS.
    (Darren McFadden)
    Not sure how involved he is now, if at all.
  5. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 Ace Deuce Zone Supporter

1,186 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    I hope he goes to a team that plays the eagles this year and get 300 yards and 4 TD's on them.
  6. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,276 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    Cue the 15th pick is in and Mike Evans has NOT been selected

ring, ring
    JJ: "hello?"
    JL: "Jerry, hey, it's Jeff, Jeff Lurie!"
    JJ: "Jeff, what can I do for you? You know, I only have a few minutes to make my pick"
    JL: "So, I see you are up, whaddya think of trading me that 16th pick of yours?"
    JJ: "Hmm, I dunno. McClay said no trades unless we all approve. What did you have in mind?"
    JL: "Well, I was thinking of fleecing you. After all, you don't need a WR and we do. How do you feel about my first rounder and a 4th?"
    Jones holds the receiver to his chest and Lurie hears McClay saying to hang up
    JJ" "Let me think about it for a minute."
    the minute goes by and another phone is heard ringing, McClay answers
    WM: "Hello? Jimmy? What. you want to trade me your 2nd first rounder AND your second rounder? JERRY HANG UP THE PHONE!"
    JJ: "I gotta go, but good luck in the draft (not really)"

moral of the story, the cut of Jackson open up more possibilities than just the eagles offense taking a hit
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

602 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Or its asinine to think every poster here is stupid and doesn't get it.
  8. WinnipegBoy22

WinnipegBoy22 New Member

20 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    At least when they broke into DJax house and stole jewellery the thieves didn't get away with a Super Bowl ring. HaHa
    WPBCowboysFan and Fredd like this.
  9. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,311 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    Some how a thread about DJax turn into a Jerry bashing, I'm surprisedo_O
    PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  10. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,276 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    I hate the term "lol", but I actually laughed out loud at this...
  11. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,405 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Well you are creating a completely different dynamic and expectation than real life social interactions. You can deadpan sarcasm but if you do deadpan then the joke is on whoever fails to get it. The point is not that some people get it but rather that some people don't and the joke is on them.

In real circles its considered rude and meanspirited. Here people are oblivious to the dynamic.
  12. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,894 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    Good luck next year for Maclin and Cooper and company in the passing game. They don't scare anyone. The field opened up for them because of Jackson and the threat he brought. He demanded a double team many times. None of them do. Reminds me of how Keenan Robinson looked when he went off on his own.
  13. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,320 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Be honest, did you just really tot tell us you drive a BMW? :D
    Kaiser likes this.
  14. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 Ace Deuce Zone Supporter

1,186 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    ha
  15. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

625 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Eagles give KKKooper an extension, but cut another guy who takes pictures on IG with hip hop artists (two of which are some of the most charmin soft in the game), and allegedly might be affiliated with those that were caught up in a murder.

I'm not mad since it makes the Eagles worse but this is just the Eagles trying to justify releasing him. They planned on cutting Desean a while ago.
  16. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

602 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Lol.. my bad. Lets just say that in East LA I stand out for a lot of reasons!
  17. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

602 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    The Internet is a different communication medium. People talk AT each other rather than TO each other, just like you say. But there a thousand something posters here, how can you say no one got the sarcasm? I think most did, there was only one reply to my post and it agreed with my (sarcastic) point.

It's like speaking at a large group of people at a public event. I don't have a responsibility to make sure each and every person understands every point, I just have a responsibility to communicate as well as I can.
  18. Kingsham

Kingsham Active Member

278 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Im a little late to the party...but I'll say this, Desean might have some off the field issues or whatnot but the media is blowing this whole gang thing way out of proportion and putting it out the wrong way. Part of it is because of the whole Hernandez trial and whatnot. Jackson is from LA...from a gang area, Derrick Ward made a great point talking about how that stuff works, its not a lifetime membership. Most of the time...once a person leaves the area and moves on in life that is left behind them .Yeah they may still have some ties to some old friends from the neighborhood, but by no means are they an active member. Is it a negative, yes, but does that mean a team shouldnt pick him up, no. If they boys wanted to sign em for a cheap 1 year deal I say do it.
  19. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,228 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    The problem is that Jackson won't come cheap. He diva'd out for a huge contract with the Eagles just two years ago. Now, I don't think he's in a position to demand a similar contract (too late in the FA process for that *except maybe to the Raiders*) but he won't come cheap by any stretch of the imagination.
  20. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

7,899 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    Why is this thread still on here?
    Who really cares?