1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who is up for a thread on DeSean Jackson's Gang Ties?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Kaiser, Mar 28, 2014.

1. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,291 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    Why do you reply to threads that you don't care about?
  2. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,644 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    Because I can!
  3. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,291 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    By all means, whine away.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,285 Messages
    3,603 Likes Received
    As soon as the news broke, the E-Gals cut Jackson. Immediately. There is more info that hasn't been made public yet and the E-gals know what it is. Otherwise he would have been traded. Even for a 7th rounder. Rather than hold out for a draft pick...boom he's gone. Look at how much they hurt their team by doing that. Very powerful statement was made today by Philly and not one person connected to the team had to say (and did not say) anything publically. That tells me all I need to know.
  5. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 alpha seeing omega Zone Supporter

1,946 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    interesting assessment.
  6. Kingsham

Kingsham Active Member

338 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Fair enough. Some people we upset because the eagles cut him and kept riley cooper not realizing that they have a big difference in salary.
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

748 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    I think there is another scenario that is entirely possible - the Eagles tried to trade Jackson and didn't find any takers at his current salary. They knew they would get a big fan backlash by cutting him outright so they leaked the information to the NJ newspaper (which all but said team officials were the source of the information). That would give them cover with the fans for cutting a guy they didn't want to pay and who they viewed as a bad seed anyway.
    Nirvana, BigStar and Nav22 like this.
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    yea, we're running low on that around here. :)

whether there is a gang connection between him or not, we simply don't know yet. but people in general, in a "flock" mentality, tend to simply take a headline to be true and then put their own twist on it.

it sucks.

not a jackson fan, no, but that doesn't mean he's a thug, represents, or bangs. i'm ok with letting things play out before i rush to "get my shot in" and see what is true, and what is not. at first glance it seems philly wanted out of the contract, kelly needed to swing a huge *****, and jackson was the target. my initial questions are to kelly and his desire to show power, not understanding. maybe jackson was a bad player. maybe he did need to go. maybe he was a bad influence. all that could be true and we'll find out in the coming months.

not minutes.

far too many are far too busy trying to figure **** out, they don't take the time to let it play out. they then turn what they "suppose" be true and twist reality to fit their need to be right. but overall philly has seldom been a "class" org and this reeks of bull****.

do i want jackson on the cowboys? hell no. he's a #1 wr and we have one of those we're already going to have to pay. trying to scream and shout his way onto the team puts jones into unrealistic territory and is bull****. i'll take dez every day over jackson and those who think it would be a sick tandem need to quit pretending what you did on xbox reflects reality.

it doesn't matter what "household" name comes up, some *fan* is going to "lob the scenario" and it's old, it's stupid, and it's eating peanuts and drinking beer at cheers at 1am. but that's what sites like this are for. to be that cheers at 1am.

but that doesn't make "let's sign jackson" less stupid.

look at the whole picture, not the shiny ring.
  9. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 alpha seeing omega Zone Supporter

1,946 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    I wish the young man luck. And hope the media is completely off base... which they've been known to be in the past.

I've always liked his moxie....as annoying as it can be for an opponent.
  10. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,214 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    I definitely think there's a good chance the team leaked that info to NJ.com for this very reason. So now they can put the spin on it that they cut him because "it was the moral thing to do".
    Kaiser likes this.
  11. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,214 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    Yeah, Jackson's a choir boy and this is all a big misunderstanding. The gang signs were all media speculation. Huge coincidence that he's thrown up Crip gang signs in numerous pictures, a music video... hell, even during an NFL game!

He named his record label "Jaccpot Records" and it's a huge coincidence that that's how Crips spell things (CK means "Crip Killer" in idiotic gang-speak). It's also a huge coincidence that he had Crip rappers signed to said label.

He's clearly either a Crip or a serious wanna-be because he's friends with Crips.

In other words, he's a complete idiot who got exactly what was coming to him.
    Kaiser and BigStar like this.
  12. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,321 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    I find it hilarious that Sal Palantonio, Adam Schefter and Jaws are all supposed to be insiders. A couple days ago Jackson tweeted he was staying and everyone went along. Now a newspaper is about to run an article naming Jackson as an associate of LA gang members and everyone else is caught off guard. I think those guys knew these things and covered them up or didn't believe Philly would actually let him go. Either way, they lose a ton of credibility as insiders by being ignorant or complicit.
  13. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,239 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    The gang ties are BS. News Flash, a lot of professional athletes have ties to gangs, drug dealers, etc. A lot of times, those are the people who look out for talented athletes when they're growing up, especially in the hood. The way teams do their due diligence i'm sure Philly knew who he associates with when they drafted him. Either, there is more to this story or they just wanted to get rid of him. No one was going to trade for that contract. There are recent rumors that Philly was trying to restructure his deal and he refused. He's probably not a Chip Kelly guy. Andy Reid said they had a great relationship and the Chiefs are one of his pursuers.

Thank you Philly for weakening your team in a wide open division where you were probably a tad bit better than the other teams.
  14. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,239 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I see you've done a lot of reading today on the internet. Guess what, guys like Paul Pierce and James Harden been throwing up Crip gang signs during basketball games in the past too. Both raised in South Central LA. Also, there are photos you can find where he's also wearing Red outfits. Like I said before, either something else is going to come out or Philly just using this as an excuse to cut him while tarnishing his image and reputation.
  15. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,214 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    So because other idiots throw up gang signs during their games that somehow makes it acceptable for Jackson to do the same? Got it.

I don't care what color his outfits are. I've seen Bloods wear blue at times before too.

Like the complete moron that he's always been, he chose to represent his gang publicly like an idiot. So he deserves to be treated like he's a gang member, no matter how involved he actually is. Simple as that.

Who knows, maybe this was all an excuse to release the guy but it certainly didn't help his case. LOL an NFL star doing a music video with Snoop (another Crip) and throwing up the C in the video... it's truly amazing how stupid this guy is. It's also amazing that people are actually defending this clown.
  16. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,214 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    Hahaha you start by saying the gang ties are "BS," then you hedge your bet by pointing out that other athletes have gang ties too. Hilarious.
  17. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,528 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    I think this is getting blown way out of proportion. This was just used as an excuse to ditch the kid to try and make the Eagles Franchise look good for a change. I don't think he was going to sign with Filthy anyway because he had issues with Kelly and then they couldnt trade him because teams felt he would be cut or released anyway. BTW I am glad they did - he is scary fast and brought a dimension to Filthy's offense that they will no longer have

So some of his friends are gang members? You mean the guys he grew up with he still knows and hangs out with? Gangs or not this is where he is from. I don't think he has an criminal issues and appears to be a bright individual and a free spirit.

A lot of the kids in the NFL grew up in similar areas and have similar friends. That is reality. I know everyone thinks that these guys need to be from Little House on the Prairie but lets get real.

In today's world of social media it is tough to have any secrets or have a life without having the media assess your situation and put their spin on it to get more pub. He needs to ditch the Instagram and Twitter.

Live your life young man but be careful, watch yourself and keep off the social media unless you want this to happen again.
  18. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,528 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    Throwing up a gang sign in the heat of battle must be a crime. I am in no way a fan of gangs but this is where some of these kids were born and raised and to them this is normal. Like it or not, that is reality.
  19. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,214 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    And the Crip gang signs during NFL games.
    And the music videos with Crip rappers where he throws up Crip gang signs.
    And his record label which has obvious Crip ties.

But besides all that, he's golden! Just a free spirit!

LOL at "bright individual" being used to describe DeSean Jackson. The guy did virtually everything in his power short of tattooing a "C" on his forehead to tell the world that he's a Crip and there's STILL people defending him. Amazing.
  20. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,131 Messages
    4,222 Likes Received
    I would not mind him on the team but I don't think Garrett or Romo have the backbone to handle him. Garrett let Crayton perturb him and Romo is, well he's golly shucks Romo. If we had a Jimmy/Aikman here I would feel more comfortable about him not double crossing the leadership.