1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who is your all-time least favorite Cowboy?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 17yearsandcounting, Jan 24, 2014.

1. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    He was constantly trash talking about the Cowboys after he left. I lived in the Bay Area at the time, and heard the garbage he was constantly spewing on the radio over there. I was happy to see Emmit shove that fool in the face during their next game.
  2. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

719 Messages
    420 Likes Received
    Terrell Owens was also a huge part in the Cowboys most successful season in a VERY long time. So TO was being TO at Texas Stadium...I don't see the big deal. People get outraged over the silliest things.
  3. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,736 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    The 07 season ended up being one of the most disappointing seasons in franchise history. The Cowboys looked like a lock for the SB dominating the NFC and sweeping the Giants during the regular season only to go one and done to them at home in the playoffs. The season was made even worse having to suffer watching the Giants go on to win the SB. The Cowboys most successful season in a VERY long time was in 09 right after TO got booted. The Cowboys went on to win their first playoff game in 13 years they were 0-2 with TO in the playoffs.
    Vanilla2 likes this.
  4. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,261 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Terrell Owens. His drama never ends well no matter the team, look it up. We all knew it would not be any different in Dallas. And there was no reason to force him on Parcells. Maybe Bill stays and sees things through in 2007. Plus I never forgot the star desecration as a 49er.
  5. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,261 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Why Walls?
  6. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

336 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Romo
    randy932 and sadams like this.
  7. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    I am reasonably sure there half to be at least one other who thinks Bill Bates was slow, stuppid, overhyped and rammed down our throats in the name of slowplayer diversity.
    Vanilla2 likes this.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,633 Messages
    2,017 Likes Received
    maybe Vanderjagt
    That guy really me
  9. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,498 Messages
    1,750 Likes Received
    Please man.. He sucked in pass coverage in every formation...
    Athlete? He sucked at reading defenses...
  10. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,498 Messages
    1,750 Likes Received
    They didn't set him up to fail, he didn't perform. Your essentially arguing that if he had all day to throw, he would have been a good pick. Well gee, you can say that about pretty much any QB in the league.

And do what if he won a game as a backup. I can't even remember the back up that got the Bilks to the 92-93 SB after Kelly went down. It doesn't make that QB better than Kelly or great. And again, Bledsoe lost the SB to the Patriots by his bone-headed decisions despite having the physical tools.
  11. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,148 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Romo is a close 2 or 3 to Joey Galloway and TO
  12. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,736 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    Whatever trash Norton talked about the Cowboys after he left doesn't matter to me. Emmitt made a few comments that bothered some Cowboy fans after he left about being a diamond amongst trash. Norton made a lot of plays for the team and contributed to back to back championships while he wore the star. If I liked a player while they were a Cowboy and appreciated their contributions I'm not going to start disliking them because they're bad mouthing the team after they left.

Something could have happened that caused a fracture in the relationship between Norton and the team that none of us know about. He may have felt slighted that the Cowboys allowed him to walk after the 93 season and was bitter even though the team probably didn't have the cap space to resign him. I haven't heard any of Norton's comments maybe his trash talking has to do with the current Cowboys. What has he said about the Cowboys that has some upset?
  13. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,328 Messages
    1,645 Likes Received
    "If we had 11 players on the field who played as hard as Bill Bates does and did their homework like he does, we’d be almost impossible to beat.” - Tom Landry
    randy932 likes this.
  14. GimmeTheBall!

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Yeah, those were the days, the Bill Bates days. Not many wins for old Tom during the Bates days, huh? Btw, as for impossible to beat, many a receiver beat that slow Bill Bates. And over and over again.
  15. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,328 Messages
    1,645 Likes Received
    Bates shined on special teams. DB was never his strong point and I dont know of anyone that ever claimed it was.
  16. GimmeTheBall!

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    "Shined" is very generous. When he was in close proximity, BAM! he could hit. But that can be said of almost every NFL defensive player. That's what they do. They hit. Hard.
    Otherwise, I never recall seeing him chase down the returner. LOL
    At most, Bates was a niche player (special teams).

Old Tom giving Bates such praise is like comparing him to the ltitle engine who could. Well, Bates mostly could not. His stats for hard hits if measured in stats (when he could make them) would be off the charts. Otherwise Bates was a pedestrian player who was kept on more as a crowd favorite than a real contributor.

But I admire your admiration of this admirable player who tried his best but was always 2nd-tier (if that).
    Pls do not argue the point further because, as you can see, the above is the Supreme Truth.;)
  17. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,281 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Roy Williams (WR), the guy was just a bad investment from the start.
  18. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

4,959 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    No one said Drew was great at the time he came to Dallas...I said he was set up to fail by Parcells and Jones WHO KNEW THE OLINE COULD NOT PROTECT HIM AND THAT DREW COULD NOT RUN...Remember why everyone want Romo? Because he could move and by time...Hammer on Drew all you want...it just makes you as wrong as the Cowboys management...by the way, the QB who lead the Bills after Kelly went down was Frank Reich...Bledsoe lost to the "96 Packers who were a pretty damn good team...The "96 Patriots team was coached by Parcells who did not keep it a secret that he was leaving after the SB 31...And I guess you also blame Bledsoe for the Howard TD return given up by the Patriots special team that sealed the win for the Pack...

About MVP Desmond Howard:

"In the third quarter, the Patriots cut the lead to 27–21 off of running back Curtis Martin's 18-yard rushing touchdown. But on the ensuing kickoff, Desmond Howard returned the ball a then Super Bowl record 99 yards for a touchdown. The score proved to be the last one as both defenses took over the rest of the game. Howard became the first special teams player ever to be named Super Bowl MVP. He ran for a total 154 kickoff return yards, and also recorded a Super Bowl record 90 punt return yards, thus tying the Super Bowl records of total return yards (244) and combined net yards gained (244)."
  19. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

4,959 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    He ran his mouth off in the 1984 season about wanting Hogeboom to be the QB...Should not have been talking considering it was his butt that Clark burnt in the 1982 NFC Title game...I know it isn't fair to blame Walls but people have no trouble blaming Danny...

[IMG]
  20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,372 Messages
    3,665 Likes Received
    Well, he did kill any chance of us winning.