1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who is your surprise pick in the 2012 Draft?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JonJon, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,702 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State 2nd round.

Just have a feeling, not saying this is what I want us to do or what we should do.
  2. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Osweiler as a developmental prospect in the 4th round or higher though. I think he's best suited in an offense like the Steelers, Chargers or Raiders; in other words, teams that utilize a lot of deep patterns a 9-routes. You put Osweiler in a quick read/west coast offense and you're going to have problems.
  3. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,702 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind him as a 3rd rounder. Seems like the ideal developmental project because he really had no business coming out this year. He can sit and learn for a few years. 6'8", big arm, and great (basketball) feet.

I just don't think he'll last til the 3rd round. If the rumors about us considering Dalton in the 2nd last year were accurate, I wouldn't be shocked if we made a pick like this.
  4. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,921 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Sure I will play. Well more like dream lol. Cowboys trade up draft Quinton Coples.
  5. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    give me Kirk Cousins, Michigan State
    over Nick Foles

but I really like this kid Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois

Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

Senio Kelemete, G, Washington 4th

An athletic player who lacks ideal height and arm length for offensive tackles, but has enough height for a guard…as impressive range…fires out of his stance…still plays like a defensive linemen, agressive and strong…has a mean streak in his game…usually plays with good leverage…really nice run blocker

Dominique Hamiltom, DT, Missouri 6-5 320
  6. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    now that I be ok with
  7. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I am guessing the RB people don't see a future for Phillip Tanner on this roster? Or I guess with Felix being in his contract year it's a safe bet to assume we'll be taking a RB which makes sense b/c I don't want anymore of Felix after 2012 with all the injuries
  8. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,046 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    I hope Donta Hightower happens unless one of the top five fall into our lap.
  9. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let me give some reasons for Dont'a Hightower...

1) Loosely interpreting Jerry Jones' interview a few weeks ago when he was saying the 49ers inside duo of linebackers (Bowman & Willis) were the prototype of what they are trying to do in Dallas. More to the point, Jerry said one of the differences is that they don't necessarily have the "thumper" at one of the spots as the 49ers do. That "thumper" could come in the form of 6'4" 260 lb Dont'a Hightower.

2) Taking point #1 into consideration, I could see Dallas giving Bruce Carter a sort of Kevin Burnett'esque hybrid nickel/dime'backer/spy/do-it-all kind of linebacker. While Lee and Hightower could be the starters.

3) Just from a sheer talent and depth standpoint, this team needs freshmeat at the position. Keith Brooking and Bradie James' future with the team are in doubt. Orie Lemon doesn't necessarily excite me and wouldn't preclude me from adding someone in the draft.
  10. John813

John813 Active Member

542 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    Ryan Tannehill at 14.

:eek:

Actually, close to Realticks prediction I could see us trading up for Vontaze Burfict if he is still around early in the 2nd round.

He has some issues, but, he is a talented football player.
  11. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    You make 3 very convincing points and I'm a noted fan of Hightower so I would have no problems at all with that pick.
  12. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

That would top everything I have seen posted.
  13. cruz_aedo861

cruz_aedo861 Member

105 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    picking Janoris Jenkins over decastro at 14. which i dont mind both fill major needs and imo cb is more important and harder to fill. plus jenkins' TALENT is a steal at 14.
  14. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,699 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    TE Hayden Smith, 6'6 265

Ex-rugby player who has already worked out for the Jets & Saints.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wouldn't surprise me if we draft a receiver although it would infuriate me.
  16. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I can see that too
  17. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,038 Messages
    1,911 Likes Received
    Passing on DeCosta and Glenn and taking Amini Silatolu in the 3rd.
  18. cruz_aedo861

cruz_aedo861 Member

105 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yeah but that changes if Robinson get way overpayed by someone and leaves.

Then wr should be looked at between 3-5 rounds imo harris is not the answer.
  19. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,127 Messages
    1,096 Likes Received
    I think the freakishness of his size is what's getting him a lot of hype right now. How is he, as a prospect, compared to Foles and B.J. Coleman?