1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who isn't giving up on the season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by gimmesix, Nov 26, 2012.

1. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,954 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    Come out in the hurry-up. Pass to set up the nonexistent run. (Sure wish Murray would get well.)
  2. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    If you think it's irrational then you've given up just like everyone else, yeah I'll tune in the next 5 Sundays because at the end of the it's the NFL and anything can happen, I just have my doubts.
  3. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,630 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    as much as i've loved the cowboys all these years, i despise jerry jones.

i can't stand that narcissistic fool. if they win a super bowl while he's GM it'll

be bitter sweet for sure. I wish him no success, yet i root for the cowboys.

typical life of a cowboy fan, between a rock and a hard place
  4. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,954 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    No, I haven't.

I'm not sure I can find the right words to make you understand.

Everyone has their doubts. I don't think any reasonable person could not have doubts. The difference is that doubts don't rule the fanatic. The fanatic sees the silver lining, the implausible and believes that his team can do it.

He sees beatable teams and believes his team can beat them. He sees the possibility of losses by other contenders and holds on to that possibility.

I have far from given up. And if Dallas somehow loses to the Eagles, I still will not as long as there is the sliver of a chance.
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Then if that's your take, the only people actually throwing in the towel are people that stopped watching all together, and with what I'm sure is close to all posters on this board continuing to watch until we're eliminated,we're all fanatics. /thread
  6. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,573 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    put me on the havent given up side.

i wont say they havent had me pulling my hair out this year though.
  7. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

610 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    We have a dumbest post of the year nomination. Giving up on a team that has given up on themselves doesn't make the rest of us non-fanatics. We love the Cowboys teams that brought us joy and championships. Keep in mind it is history that makes us not believe in them. Same players same result.
  8. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I don't have a lot of confidence because our coach is ********, but I'll keep rooting and I won't stop wanting them to win even if/when we're numerically out of it.

I never want them to lose for draft position, etc. That's stupid.

We're not numerically out of it though. So heck yes I want them to win!

:starspin
  9. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

864 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I will root for them until they are mathematically eliminated. But I am aware of the deficiencies. With that being said, make or not make the playoffs, it never throws my day off and I continue with my life. Until Jerry puts a check in my pocket, my love for the team is only a hobby. People who lose their marbles over anything that has to do with a sports team, have their priorities mixed up.

Otherwise, Go 'Boys, lets get to the playoffs!
  10. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Make a thread asking for fans that have not given up all hope yet....
    Get a thread full of "realists"

I know its not likely but Im holding out hope for a long shot... and a lot of luck.
    Really? Im new here. Is there really like a contest for this type stuff? Please link me to where the nominations are sent.
    Or were you just being insulting to someone who is cheering for a long shot?
  11. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

610 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    New or not even you can read the original poster's post. He called out for Cowboys fanatics who believe this team can win, lol.

Some of us so called fanatics have been around here a while. We understand what this team is made of and it certainly isn't made of players who win games when it counts. If you would like to argue that I would suggest reading up on recent history.
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    No, a fanatic keeps following this team and hopes for the best despite knowing that Jerry Jones will insure another subpar season due to his complete lack of ability to field a winning team. Anybody that still follows this team at this point of the season, is a fanatic or very stupid. It would take a fanatic to waste time on forums knowing that this organization has sunk to all-time low. The term "quitters" is being used for fans that can see the reality of this situation. Any poster that returns day after day to this board is far from a quitter. They have more guts than any player on the Cowboys' roster.
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,402 Messages
    2,125 Likes Received

I love these "you are not a real fan if........"

You do realize that almost everybody on this board would qualify as a fanatic, right? Do you think people would come to this board 365 days a year and make thousands of posts if they were not hard core fans?

Now you insult those same fans if they are not agreeing with your irrational definition of what a fanatic is? Maybe you have failed to comprehend that a hard core Cowboys fan can also be realistic about his team and their shortcomings.

Did that though ever cross your mind?
  14. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    This is one of the things that has blown my mind consistently being a fan. If you take a stance against an unproven player or coach, or even question their abilities, you're not a good fan, et cetera.

The most hardcore fans all have on thing in common: they want consistent wins on a regular basis. Throw in the many factors that go with that, and the many opinions about those factors, and you're going to have a bunch of hardcore fans who... disagree. :)
  15. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Thanks for taking the time to reply without nominating my post for "dumbest post of the year", it really means a lot to me.
    Despite my member status of this board, though not a guru, Im aware of the history of this team. So what if the OP still has faith in the team? Id think it would be a bit refreshing with the pessimistic vibe. While I wouldnt bet the house on a playoff birth, anything is possible. Maybe calling people "dumb" is something that you enjoy, perhaps its fun. In fact, Im headed out to the 7-11 and ridicule all the idiots that play the powerball.
    Have a good night.
  16. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I really like your post.
    Im getting use to this place but initailly I was taken back at all the bickering that goes in within the Cowboy fan ranks. I dont wanna sound like Rodney King with the "cant we all just getalong?" but I assume all the fans have the same goal with that being the 6th Trophy.
    I guess the banter is a gainful debate in some cases, but wow does it get some peoples jimmies rustled!
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Ridicule them a little extra for me. They have the same chance of winning it all as the Cowboys.
  18. rwalters31

rwalters31 Active Member

441 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Any team making a run at the playoffs needs to be healthy going in. It needs consistency, and a good defense. Offense needs to be efficient if not a scoring machine. Look at the teams that have the best chance of playing in the off season and see if they meet the criteria. How does the Cowboys match up?

Do the math and you tell me. :rolleyes:
  19. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I have faith in the personnel on this team. If they could overcome the poor coaching and just win a playoff game, I'd be ecstatic. I want them to finish 10-6, I just don't think they will. I have faith, though, that with a competent coach they could easily finish 10-6..even with the bad line.
  20. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    It does. I've been a member of this board for around a decade. I've been banned 3 times--and then reincarnated under different user names.

Part of the fun is the disagreeing. Over time, you get used to that. Some of the fiercest debates I've ever had and still have are with people I respect the most.

Some people I'll probably never respect that much, or at all. But it's probably mutual. :laugh2:

That's the nature of this beast.