1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who thinks Dez is finally a top ten receiver?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 1Star5Rings, Dec 3, 2012.

1. 1Star5Rings

1Star5Rings Member

47 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I for one think Dez is one of the best right now, he's just been at the top of his game lately.Nobody seems to be able to stop him, if he can keep maturing the way he has been I think he could he could be Megatron like for years to come. The only recievers I would take over him right now are Calvin Johnson and Maybe A.J. Green.By next season he will be known as an elite reciever. You can't argue that he's the cream of the crop talent wise, all he's got to do is have some sense when making decisions, which he has been doing lately.I think we are all starting to see a new Dez.Would anybody put him in their top ten recievers right now?I'm curious to see what y'all think!:starspin
  2. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,935 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    From a raw talent perspective, yes. Overall, not yet. He's got to do it more than 3 or 4 games to achieve that.
  3. JPostSam

JPostSam Well-Known Member

1,005 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    he's currently 10th in yards, 9th in receptions and tied for 4th in touchdowns.

i would say this, though: there are a lot of really good wide receivers in the nfl right now. dez is one of them -- and he seems to keep getting better. that's good news for dallas.
  4. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    2 more games with 90+ and yes.
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,003 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    Yes ....
  6. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Definitely..
  7. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,083 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    I saw on here form the experts that stats mean nothing.
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,450 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    Definately can be and that is without question. I think he's got to continue to put up these kinds of games over the final 4 games of the season before I'm ready to put him there officially. I do believe there is a great shot that by seasons end he'll be considered in there.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,718 Messages
    3,931 Likes Received
    No not yet but he's progressing.
  10. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,359 Messages
    852 Likes Received
    No Doubt about it....

Only guys you can put ahead of him without hesitation

Megatron
    Andre J
    Larry F
    AJ
    and Maybe Julio
  11. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,985 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    He's only the seventh wide receiver since 1960 who has had at least 70 catches, 900 yards and eight TD catches within the first 12 games of a season during any of his first three NFL seasons.

And he's only the third wide receiver in team history to ever do it at all (joining Irvin in 1995 and Owens in 2007).
  12. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    He is a force in the red zone.

He can block.

He is a good deep threat.

He can make clutch catches at the end of the game.

My only hesitation has been his tendency to make major errors leading to INTs, his tendency to run out of steam at halftime and his occasional reckless play on the field. He has actually made major strides in all of these areas.

The one thing that he hasn't shown that all top 10 WRs should be able to do is takeover the game at time. He has finally started to flash that ability the last month but it was a long time coming.

In totality, I think he probably has finally arrived as a top 10 WR. I wonder if he can now step it up and go top 5. He'll need to make those strides next year as I still think there is a decent gap between him and Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker and Andre Johnson. However, that gap is closing.

We badly need for Dez to blow up into an elite playmaker for this team to get to the next level.
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,918 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    how do you know these things??? :lmao::bow:
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    He has been since the Atlanta game. Of course , you have sustain it for longer than that, buts on his way!
  15. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I love this stat.
  16. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Yes. No doubt.
  17. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    You work for an NFL team or something. I know it.
  18. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,080 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    I just want him to keep getting better... The rest will sort itself out.
  19. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Dez is maturing right in front of our eyes. Like it was mentioned in a thread late November. You can just see it in his demeanor. He seems more focused than ever. Good for him, and good for the Cowboys.
  20. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,220 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    Not worried bout stats.

Just love watching him play