1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who to start at QB, Romo or ???

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Coy, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    Can't believe I am actually thinking about this, but taking the heart out of it, should I start Romo or McCown vs our D??

It's the playoffs.
  2. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,488 Messages
    2,076 Likes Received
    Pick someone up who is playing in a dome or a warm climate maybe. I have Romo and Ryan but at least I have a bye. I wouldn't start Romo this week in those conditions, that includes McCown.
  3. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    Thanks, unfortunately thereĀ“s no one good enough to put out there instead of these two.
  4. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    I need 300 yrds and 3 tds from Romo, two of them being to Dez and I have a shot haha, unlikely but not imposible.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,382 Likes Received
    Two of my (many) teams have both of those players as well and their records are 10-3 and 12-1..both in 1st place....both in the playoffs this week via ESPN.
    If I'm not a Cowboys fan and there is no one else available out there, I'm for sure starting the home QB who has the hottest WR in the league not named Gordon (Alshon Jeffery), plus Brandon Marshall, plus Matt Forte, etc.
    But I'm really torn due to my biases.
    The bad news is that if the weather is as forecasted, I don't know if either player will have an outstanding night. Decent maybe, but 300+ and 3Tds? Could happen, but would not bet on it.
    If it's just cold and the wind dies down some, both QBs may have a field day.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Coy likes this.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,382 Likes Received
    Also, in my money league, I need Forte to have a big game to win. Hate that.

So preferences are:
    1. Cowboys win, Forte goes off
    2. Cowboys win, Forte sux
    3. Cowboys lose, Forte goes off
    4. Cowboys lose, Forte sux.....now that would really be awful.

Bottomline is (see option 2) that I would sacrifice the 25% chance of getting $1400 if Dallas would win....
    Coy likes this.
  7. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    I had Dez, Jeffrey, Marshall, Forte and Dan the Man all playing in that game. It made me sick to win last week watching that game, I've got Jordy on my bench since Rodgers is out but I might have to play him this week against this terrible D.