1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who Trades up to grab Lawson

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by rags747, Apr 27, 2006.

1. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,146 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    ahead of us? If Lawson is there I believe he's the pick but I have a bad feeling someone is going to move in front of us to take him. Do Miami or Minn ahead of us take him?
  2. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I pray to god not...:pray2: :pray2:
  3. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Honestly I don't think there's much difference in Wimbley, Carpenter or Lawson. So if somone traded up it's no big deal.
  4. Killersanta

Killersanta New Member

56 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    manny is overrated
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    No trade up. One of the two or three we can use will be there. Foolish to give away draft picks. I'd rather trade down a few spots, get a 3rd or 4th and take Carpenter.
  6. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Miami could use another rusher, but they could go in a lot of directions. Minnesota runs a 4-3 and have two young ends in Kenechi Udeze and Erasmus James, so no on them.
  7. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,390 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    Lawson's stock is dropping- i doubt anyone would trade ahead of us to get him. Wimbley is the one that seems to be hot.
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,091 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    That's some incredible inside information you have to know the minds of NFL scouts. ;) Nothing has happened between now and the combine to make anyone think either's stock is rising or falling.
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    The guys with real nfl contacts seem to think that Lawson and Wimbley's stocks are rising. Its the talking heads and internet "experts" that don't have them rising.
  10. canters

canters Active Member

1,797 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Lawson will be there when we pick. I bet he is behind Wimbley, Carpenter and Cromartie(sp?) on our board.
  11. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Hate to throw a monkey wrench into the ever entertaining Lawson v Carpenter v Wimbley debates but how do these prospects compare to a healthy Kevin Burnett a year into the system?

I don't suppose trading entirely out of the first and taking someone like Anderson (Alabama), McClover (Auburn), Adeyanju (Indiana), Ingram (OU), or McIntosh (Miami) in later rounds is a realistic or even desirable possiblity?
  12. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received

The thing about Burnett is Parcells has said on more then one occasion that he wants to move him inside. He even said when he drafted him that he envisioned Burnett as a "Bubble" backer (inside).

I think Burnett may end up competing for one of the inside spots in 2007. I don't think he'll be ready to compete during training camp this year (injury).
  13. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,290 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    I think Anderson might be a good possibility in 2.
  14. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Noone hopefully, and we do the smart thing and slect him
  15. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,482 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    I don't think Lawson is going to be in as much demand as many of you think.

Unless a 3-4 team decides that he is the best player on the board and they can't pass on him, don't have bigger needs than LB, then he could drop like a brick because he can't play anywhere but 3-4 LB....I don't believe anyone running a 4-3 will gamble on him in round 1.
  16. SmashFactorGolf

SmashFactorGolf New Member

345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, another separate post in the Cowboy Zone forum statethat just that Lawson is dropping etc
  17. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Lawson is going to fall much further than people on here want to believe. I heard a draft "expert" (for what that title is worth) on the Tim Brando show yesterday say that yes, Lawson is a freak of an athlete, but he would be a big reach in the 1st round because you are gambling that your team's NFL coaching staff can make him into a solid player (I'm assuming at LB) when the NC State coaches couldn't. I just don't get the feeling that teams/draft experts are as high on Lawson as people on message boards and blogs are.
  18. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,091 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    Really? Look at all the "draft experts" who have him ranked as first round talent.

I'll make a bet with you. For every 1 "expert" you can find that says he's not a first round talent, I'll find three that says he is.
  19. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You think I made that up? Suit yourself .....
  20. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,017 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Lawson weighed only 217 lbs at the beginning of last season. This talk of him being 240 lbs is nothing but hype.