1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who was that player?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

1,866 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    On the sweep by Ladanian that got blocked by Brees? He had a chance to level Brees but instead he stood there and danced with Brees!! I jumped out my seat. Ladanian also got the first down on that play.
  2. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

1,876 Messages
    250 Likes Received
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

19,696 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    That was a reverse to McCardell. Ellis got out and forced McCardell to cut it back up to the pursuit instead of getting to the outside. That was about the only he could do. It was a good play for the Chargers, but not a great play.
  4. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's the difference between a rookie and a vet. A rook would have ignored his contain responsibility and either made a spectacular play or given up a big play.

I was still mad that Ellis didn't blow up Brees after the WR turned it upfield. Gotta make that QB pay for trying to block on a reverse.
  5. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,544 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Yeah, Ellis could have blown up Brees and should have, but he forced the run inside where the defense could assist rather than risk letting him get outside.
  6. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,112 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Ellis is too nice. He coulda used Brees as a rag doll. instead he just let him shield him from the play.
  7. Richmond Cowboy

Richmond Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,136 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    I was thinking he could have pushed brees back into the ballcarrier.
  8. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

1,866 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    You're right that was Mcardell. My mistake. Ellis still should of layed out Brees. Ellis needs to develop more of a mean steak.
  9. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ellis is a wimp....should of thrown Brees around like a rag doll....u shouldn't miss oportunities like that....u have a shot at a QB....u hammer him.....Brees and the OC would think twice running a play like that again.....It would of been a legal hit by Ellis....