1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who will be our surprise cut?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Tejano15, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Tejano15

Tejano15 Member

390 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Gerald Sensabaugh is my pick. Lack of interceptions, bad angles and I just think other players step up Church and Johnson. Maybe add a rookie in the mix..

Who do you guys think?
  2. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

482 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Yup Sensi 58 tackles and 3 pd no ints:mad: .. time for this guy to go

Danny McCray 71 tackles 1 int and 2 PD

All our safeties are garbage !!! I also read an article on PFF where they rank these two guys at the bottom of the list for safeties:laugh2: .
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,050 Messages
    1,129 Likes Received
    I think I read somewhere that it would not make a difference to cut Sensi in relation to the cap. His guaranteed money is = the cap hit, or thereabouts. I may be wrong but I remember reading about that somewhere on the net.
  4. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,940 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    I think getting Bruce Lee and Church back will make Sensabaugh a better player, so I don't think he is going anywhere. I wouldn't be at all surprised if McCray is let go, but I don't know anything about his contract. It would be hard to imagine not being able to find someone better than McCray, maybe even Matt Johnson. The problem is, can we depend on Church and Johnson for a 16 game season, or even getting them through training camp without injury? I don't know.
  5. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,187 Messages
    935 Likes Received
    C'mon man a tiger cant change its stripes. It doesnt matter who's lined up in front of Sensabaugh he's proven time and time again that he's a scrub. Should've been cut after the Minnesota playoff game.
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,393 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    doug free - and pretty quick.
  7. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,169 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    Who will be and who should be might be 2 entirely different things.
  8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,382 Messages
    2,231 Likes Received
    You could pick anyone on the DL as good candidates...

But on a team that went 8-8 two years in a row, unless you're name is Romo, Witten, Ware, or Dez, Lee, and Carter, then there shouldn't be any surprise if your name hits the waiver wire.
  9. Tejano15

Tejano15 Member

390 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    If they do it quick, it can still be noted as a June 1st cut? That seems to be the biggest bang for the buck.
  10. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,752 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    I'm no expert at this sort of thing, but wouldn't a surprise cut be one that isn't expected? Sensabaugh has pretty much been rumored so I don't see how you can count that. I would say Spears. He showed he can play a little last year and might be a good fit at DT, but who knows, maybe Kiffin comes in, wants to shake thing up...Looks at Spears career as a whole, not too impressive. Boom replaced with a UDFA
  11. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,843 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You beat me to it. I also think Spears is gone and will be a surprise to most.
  12. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see Spears stick around and excel in the 4-3. Put him next to Ratliff and I think we'd be fine in the middle of the DL. I'm more worried who plays DE other than Ware.

Now the OP question regarding a surprise cut...there are no real shockers. Other than Smith, Romo, Murray, Dez, Witten, Ware, Lee, Carter, Mo, and Carr...Anyone else should be "uncomfortable"
  13. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,382 Messages
    2,231 Likes Received
    I don't think Spears will be a surprise, at all. He was almost cut last year. Chances are they hold onto him through training camp and he'll be one of the first cuts, so he can catch on with another team.
  14. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,451 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Clock is ticking.:D
  15. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

2,866 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    surprise.

It wouldn't be a surprise for Sensi to be dropped. He was on the cusp anyway.

Now a surprise would be someone like cutting anybody named Romo. That would be a surprise..

:chuckle:

:starspin RedBaLl ExPreSS:starspin
  16. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,386 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Either sensebaugh or miles.
  17. Zordon

Zordon Infinite Crab Meats...

8,239 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    Oh for the love of God, HELL NO! I've been hearing this same tired excuse for that scrub for many years. Watch Goldson fly to the ball on every play and then compare that to Sensascrub stand and watch that fumble in the Saints.
  18. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,393 Messages
    475 Likes Received
  19. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,799 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Sensy might not be that big of a surprise lol
  20. jobberone

jobberone Orangutan for hire; blues and southern rock Staff Member

33,433 Messages
    1,802 Likes Received
    Sensibaugh is not my first choice but he shouldn't be terribly comfortable.

Coleman and Spears should be talking to their agents about being prepared.