1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who will be our surprise cut?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Tejano15, Feb 5, 2013.

1. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,469 Messages
    955 Likes Received
    Cutting our only healthy, experienced safety is simply not an option at this time, IMO. We had two scrubs who are no longer under contract, McCray, who most would place in the Ball category of people we hope to never take the field as a Cowboys' safety again, and two coming off of major injuries, one who has never played and one who went down after a few games with a bad achilles. Cut Sensabaugh and we could be looking at the possibility of entering training camp with our only healthy safety being whoever we drafted, or none if we don't take one in the draft.

If we sign Goldson, though, Sensabaugh's status would change immediately.
  2. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,404 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Nail on the head.

Only the players that you listed would be a surprise.
  3. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    DeMarco Murray
    Tyron Smith
    Morris Claiborne
    Brandon Carr

Those guys are going no where either.

So the head kinda missed the nail on that one.
  4. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

953 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  5. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

953 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Whoa whoa kemo sabe.. Ball was the worst safety i ever witness in my whole life. I would rather have Pat Watkins back.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,708 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Clearly, they were just examples of players who aren't going anywhere, but the point remains, who would you really be surprised would be cut on an 8-8 team?
  7. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

926 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Exactly. Guess I'll be the most surprised if they cut Austin. Not very surprised but still. It'll just create another hole on the roster, and he's not a bad player. When healty, that is.
  8. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,111 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    Good point on Goldson. That guy is a freaking beast. I even saw Ray Rice complaining that he was hitting him late. That guy loves to tackle and knock the ball or the player out. We need a safety like that around here. Sensabaugh is a freaking joke of a player.

I would LOVE to see Free, Sensabaugh, and Spears gone.
  9. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,707 Messages
    1,484 Likes Received
    Scrub safeties are a dime a dozen. We could cut Sensabaugh and get another healthy and experienced bum in here in no time. Or we could get serious about trying to upgrade the safety position. Hell, AOA would've out ran Sensabaugh to that Graham fumble.
  10. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,177 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Wouldn't be too much of a surprise, but Ogletree.
  11. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,455 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Livings is my pick...but I'll throw Sensabaugh and Miles in there.

Free is a goner.
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,063 Messages
    5,399 Likes Received
    Sensabaugh's base salary is guaranteed for 2013. The only way to get around paying it, would be to trade him.

The Cowboys might have to include a draft pick to get someone to take him.:rolleyes:

With Sensabaugh being the only healthy, experienced Safety on the roster, it's doubtful that they would cut him even if his salary was not guaranteed. Even if they plan to sign a Free Agent Safety, they have to have 2 starting Safeties. Church's recovery from the Achilles injury is not guaranteed.

If they end up in a situation where Sensabaugh is gone and Danny McCray is starting again, people will be begging for Sensabaugh to return.

13. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,469 Messages
    955 Likes Received
    Ok, I put McCray in the Ball Category for safeties, but I didn't mean to suggest Ball isn't the worst safety ever. I would never want to give anyone that impression. :)

The good news is all of the Super Bowl festivities are finally over, so once again I am preparing for the Boys to take it to the house this year. Others will soon join me, maybe not until free agency and the draft, though.

I should add when I say "others", I'm talking about those who got really down about the way this year turned out, like myself.

:starspin:starspin:starspin
  14. Bcrav4

Bcrav4 Member

65 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Someone mentioned livings, and I agree, him or berny. Ratliff would also surprise me.

Do rookies count? I would be surprised if crawford was cut.
  15. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,205 Messages
    794 Likes Received

that would not qualify as a surprise cut. so play by the rules, man.;)
  16. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,879 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    i think the biggest surprise is how few people get cut
  17. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,798 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    I think players like Free, Spears, Ratliff, Sensabaugh, Miles, Connor wouldnt be a suprise if any of them are cut.

I actually wouldnt see any cut as a suprise. Unless they said bye to Romo.
  18. Tejano15

Tejano15 Member

396 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    From a fan standpoint, we may not think anyone is a surprise cut because of our record. But from a team, money and of course Jerry loyalty perspective, I think Sensi would be a surprised cut. He was the best safety last year because of injury and its tough to let him go because he gets his money regardless. That is why I say he is our surprise cut.

I think it sends a message that I am hoping the team is willing to send, just getting by isn't going to cut it anymore. Regardless of money. Ratliff would also be a guy who deserves to be cut to send a message, but I dont think he will be let go. So, that is why I didn't state him, but personally I would love for him to be gone.

Free to me is a no brainer due to money.