1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who works out in the mornings?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Maikeru-sama, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Today, I started working out in the mournings because it will be easier on my knee and the surgery I had on my foot.

It was pretty tough to get up this mourning but I hope it will be a lot easier as my body gets use to it.

I get up at 5 AM, what time does everyone else get up to go work out and how long have you been doing it?

I may get an Elyptical Machine at some point for the house.
  2. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Were you wearing black? ;)
  3. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, got a little lazy with the spelling.

Chrome spell check doesn't work at the moment.
  4. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,714 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    ...a kindred soul.

If you have stiffness in the joints or issues from surgery a early morning workout is the best way to combat this. I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis, the bad kind, and the stiffness on cold winters mornings is sometimes more than one can bear.

If you can fight through to begin a workout you will find that things work better throughout the day and your rehabilitation may be speedier.

Also a nice way to start the day and loosen things up is a nice hot soak. Hot tub, bath tub or shower if that's all you have.

If there is issues with a surgery and you don't have to worry about sutures I suggest trying a workout in a pool. There's less stress to the joints and the resistance is as hard as you make it.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,762 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    I think if you can get yourself to do it in the morning its for the best cause I always felt that it makes you feel better all day long when you can do it first thing in the morning.
  6. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good Stuff.

Yeah, one thing I notice is that I am a lot more careful about what I eat during work.

I'm constantly thinking, if I eat too much of this then it may wipe out all the effort I put in during the Mourning Workout.

I ran for several years on Concrete and it damaged my knee. So everything 4 PM rolled around, my knee was just done and I wouldn't want to work out.

I'm hoping that this problem can be solved by working out in the mornings.

My biggest fears is that I will be going to bed really early now. I typically go to be around 10:30 PM or 11 PM, so it will be interesting to see how my body responds.
  7. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I generally get up around 5:51-6am unless I forget to set my alarm like this morning then it is a little later haha then I go catch my bus. I do not work out in the mornings now I use to in the military your body adjust over time it will be hard for about a week or two and don't over do the workout when you start that will make it easier transition on yourself.
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  9. BadWolf

BadWolf Member

182 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I work out in the evening, usually around 8 pm.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I prefer early morning workouts. I get up at 5:00 to go do mine. I built my own workout room. Anyone who works out with me has to sign the wall.
  11. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,802 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'm a lunchtime dude..

But then again I can take an hour and a half or 2 hour lunch if I want...:p:
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,119 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Is this like the buffalo wild wings challenge where you get your picture taken and name on the wall if you eat their hottest wings in a couple minutes?
  13. CowboysFaninBaltimore

CowboysFaninBaltimore New Member

860 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I usually hit the gym before I go to my office for the day. The gym is always a distraction looking at the nice rump that goes in there. I mean I know that sounds dirty, and makes me look lazy. But yet I do work out. I usually run about 3 miles on the treadmill, and hit the weights when I am there.
  14. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, one other advantage of working out in the morning for me at least is that I still have the option to go workout in the in the evening if my knee and foot is up to it.
  15. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,330 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I usually work out at lunch or right after I get off of work. I would say that I do better when I work out in the mornings, though. More energy for the rest of the day.
  16. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I own an Elyptical and I love it. great machine with a smooth motion and I never feel sore(though I stretch before and after I exercise)

that's interesting. I always thought it was better to work out in the morning cause cardio will give you energy for the rest of the day. but i'm the type of person that is just really slow when I wake up and I never have time to exercise.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,230 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received
    It will you just gotta get used to it.

Same way with a diet. Its terrible for about 2 weeks. If you can win the 2 week battle than its over and you're going to lose some weight.
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,230 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received
    IT doesn't make that much bigger of a difference either way.

Im guessing the reason for better workouts in the afternoon has something to do with the calories you've already taken in giving you energy.

I've lost weight both ways so it dont matter honestly.

Heres my diet plan if anyones interested
    http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153569&highlight=diet plan
  19. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rampage, when you bought the Elyptical, did you have to put it together or is it just 1 big piece that someone just delivers to your house?
  20. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,712 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Elliptical. Elliptical trainer.