1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who you got in tonights game? Saints vs Seahawks

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Achilleslastand, Dec 2, 2013.

1. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,611 Messages
    2,169 Likes Received
    It is going to take a team with a dominant defense, particularly up front, to go in and beat Seattle up there. That pretty much leaves SF and Carolina as the only viable contenders. A nice offense would be a bonus, so I give the edge to the Panthers over the Niners.

Don't think either wins but they have the best chance IMO.

Any given Sunday is legit, but the other NFC teams have zero chance to go up there and win. Someone is going to have to catch Seattle having a really bad day :(
  2. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Bad comparison.
  3. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,446 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Seattle has I think 2 more years to get a sb win. They'll lose a lot of these player and be quite a different team then.
  4. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,848 Messages
    742 Likes Received
    The Saints play the Panthers, Rams, Panthers, and Bucs. I hope they lose all four and finish 9-7.
  5. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,635 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    I agree completely...
  6. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    I never said it was bold??
    bark likes this.
  7. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,397 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    The NFC playoffs are going through Seattle. Enough said.
  8. coult44

1,635 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    Except for the fact it's gonna be 5 degrees and snowing in NY come Superbowl Sunday...
  9. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    We'll see... Mr. Football Knowledge.

Maybe they are.

Maybe every football game has a life of it's own. Talent meets strategy meets random ball bounces combined with random player brain-farts/brilliance.

You remember Larry Brown collecting INT's in that Superbowl against the Steelers? The guy was no superstar before then, believe me.

Randomness. Right guy in the right place at the right time.

It happens, football knowledge or not. I'm not so quick to disparage others on their "Football knowledge" as you are apparently.

If these two teams get a chance to play each other again- do you think the outcome will be the same?

Seattle could be the greatest team of them all this season- I'm not ready to put my money on them just from this game.
    Not even from the entirety of this season...

Are you? Really? Then do it. Put some real money down.

Everything becomes much more real when money's on the table. I'd like to see someone make these bold statements and then place some hard-earned cash on it.

Otherwise- you're just another message on a board like everyone else.
    dstovall5, RXP and Shunpike like this.
  10. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Cool story guy.
  11. coult44

1,635 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    I didn't say they would win the SB, (see above post). The best team in the NFL hardly ever wins the Superbowl for some reason or another. My point remains the same. Read the first three pages of this thread. All you see is most people giving reasons and sharing their wealth of knowledge about how the Saints were going to dominate and win tonight. Either they ere talking with grudges or hearts, or they just don't know what the heck they were talking about!!!
    erickb likes this.
  12. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,751 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received
    Wilson =300 yards passing
    Brees=140
  13. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,870 Messages
    1,687 Likes Received
    It's funny to me how each week, a team that has a great week is "the best team in the NFL" and "going to the Super Bowl". The Saints slaughtered us at their stadium and they were "the best team in the NFL". They get beat badly tonight and now they're no longer the team to beat. Seattle had to go to overtime to beat a bad Tampa Bay team "at their stadium where they never lose" just three weeks ago. Before that, they had to go to overtime to beat a really bad Houston team. Now they are the "best team in the NFL"

Seattle is a really good team, definitely one of the top tier in the NFL, but they are better against some defensive schemes than others. They beat Ryan's 3-4 defense soundly last year when he was with us and this year with the Saints.

The bottom line is that some teams match up well against some defenses and not others. It's not always about who has the better teams, but the good and bad match-ups and where the games are played. The Saints are average at best away from New Orleans. Seattle plays above average on the road but are still a much better team at home.

The Cowboys have played better overall lately, but they are not equipped to go to New Orleans or Seattle and beat those teams. It does not mean they can't of course because they are good enough to win games as long as they play their best and their opponents have an off game. As they say, it's one game and you never know how it will work out.

/reality
    dstovall5 and Corso like this.
  14. HeavyBarrel

HeavyBarrel Well-Known Member

1,442 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    Again, can I please watch a Seattle game and Russell Wilson's height NOT be discussed ad naseum, please!!!
    Wheeltax likes this.
  15. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    Fair enough. I stand by my statement, but it's much less directed at you.

For the record- I usually agree with your posts, by the by. That one I quoted just irked me for some reason.
    coult44 likes this.
  16. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

785 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Watch my Giants demolish this Seattle team in 2-3 weeks. Can I make a bold statement here? Giants will win easily against Seattle. :)
    coult44 likes this.
  17. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    No. You can't. Turn the sound off and blast the Stones and the Doors for a better viewing experience.
  18. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    Send me a pic of the receipt of the money you put down on it and we can talk.
    Or you're as weak as any other blow-hard. Win or not.
    Wayne02 likes this.
  19. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,870 Messages
    1,687 Likes Received
    Not really considering how many people predicted it. It would be like watching the same movie over and over again and then months later, someone says, "Hey, I saw a great movie last night" and proceeds to tell you about it.

/reality
  20. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

1,864 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    It don't take much football knowledge. Just a pair of eyes that are not colored. Dallas got destroyed by the same team that is getting DX'ed tonight. It seems that the Cowboys have a few tiers to surmount before they start thinking about hardware that gleams.
    coult44 likes this.