1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Whoever loses next week's game with the Eagles is done

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by muck4doo, Nov 6, 2012.

1. muck4doo

muck4doo Active Member

1,902 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    With everyone losing in the NFC East, the division is in total fail. Whoever wins next week between us and the Iggles still have a shot. Whoever loses is done. Sorry, but the Gnats don't impress me enough to declare them winners of the division yet.
  2. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,286 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    [youtube]W_SLU3m6uCA[/youtube]

Expected this when I saw the title

lol
  3. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the eagles have this game with the cowboys in the bag

but the eagles will finish 6-10 just like the cowboys
  4. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Face it the gmen have the nfc east on lock.
  5. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,286 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    I don't think so.
  6. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope your right.
  7. muck4doo

muck4doo Active Member

1,902 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    They haven't been impressive since they beat the whiners. We shutdown Eli pretty well, but failed with mistakes. The Stillers copied that game plan and made Eli look like Tebow. The Gnats have looked pathetic the past few weeks since that whiner game. They face the toughest part of their schedule now, and ours gets easier. We don't need to take first place entering the play-offs in the NFC, we just need to get in. I'm not convinced the Mara crew have this wrapped up. The division is still up for grabs for whoever wins next weekends game, and the Iggles look really bad this year. Jeebus, I thought we had problems. If we lose to them I will then lose all hope.
  8. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Wait I thought the Falcons game was "it"?

Face the music guys... this team is horrible from the owner down! There is absolutely no way we are a competitive playoff caliber organization this year and only our blind homerism would convince us otherwise.
  9. muck4doo

muck4doo Active Member

1,902 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    No, this is it. That would have been nice, but that wasn't the end of the world. That was the toughest team on our schedule so far, and we made a game of it. Next week is a divisional game, and is IT. We split with the Gnats. We need to dominate the Iggles and Redskins. Again, we don't need to have the best record at the end of the season, we just need to make sure we are part of the post-season. Everything starts new there.

/*ding* Bring out your dead!*ding*
    //But we're not dead yet!
    ///Oh, but he says you are
  10. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I envy your optimism I really do. This season is over bro.
  11. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Sorry,,

If Dallas loses to Philly, even in Philly..

This whole team better be blown up and start from scratch next season.

Philly is a mess, worse, way so worse than Dallas.

Not that I think that Dallas is all that. And, I don't think or care if Dallas makes it to the "playoffs", unless they are there at the end and heading to the Super Bowl.

Which, ain't happening. Anything less is teasing..
  12. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,436 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    both teams are done for the season regardless of Sunday's outcome
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,173 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    No. Especially in Dallas case. I know it's the in thing to do is to post 'the Cowboys season is over' but do you think we'll lose to cleveland and Washington in our next two games. i know nothing is guaranteed but you have to like our chances to be 6-5 on Thanksgiving night if we win this Sunday. I know I do.
  14. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,783 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Do I want the Cowboys to win 8 in a row or 6 out of 8 and make the playoffs well of course but I really don't think it happens!
  15. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,156 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    This right here^^ The little bit of homer left in me wants to think we beat the Eagles and then the 4 other games after that leading up to the Steelers. That would put us at 8-5 but I know I'm dreaming.
  16. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Because blowing the team up worked so well for the chiefs.
  17. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Yes it is. If this team made the postseason Garrett would get a free pass from me for 3 years.
  18. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    I could care less what the Chiefs did or didn't do.

This team has been underachieving for years now. It is about time for something big like that.
  19. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,065 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I feel the opposite way. I think the Cowboys could do it, but I'm not sure that it would be for the best.
  20. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    My only hope is that the Cowboys have lost close games to really good teams. Combined record of teams who have beat them: 32-10.

The schedule gets easier, but I hold out little hope. Tony Dungy is right: when the chips are down in the 4th quarter, this team plays poor fundamental football.