1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Who's our best defensive player - Lee or Ware?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Sep 26, 2012.

1. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Pillars are magnets.
  2. RastaRocket

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    You know you have two outstanding players when we even have to debate this, or at least consider it.
  3. LongSnapper

LongSnapper Member

747 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    its more of a distress signal at this point
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,479 Messages
    6,191 Likes Received
    Ah. I get it...your fan card is upside down.
  5. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sean Lee is a very good MLB. DeMarcus Ware has a good shot to retire as the greatest pass rusher in NFL history if he stays healthy.

It's not really even worthy of discussion at this point.
  6. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,978 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Okay, check this out, i am watching this show called tanked, and they are jersey DB's. Every fish they put in their tanks will be dead in two weeks. Saltwater tanks don't work like that, jerks. The fun part is they have some idiots cheering at the end of the episode for their soon to be tank full of dead sea creatures. Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner on all of them! Anyways, Gnats and Iggles fans in action again. What were we talking about?
  7. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ware has almost as many career sacks as Sean Lee has career solo tackles.

Think about that for a second.
  8. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We're not talking career though. We're talking about right now.
  9. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,622 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Neither. It's Mike Jenkins. He's top 10 in the NFL, like you said. The guy is simply unstoppable. If NYJ are smart, they will trade 3 1st rounders to us, and if they're lucky, we will accept.

Mike Jenkins for NFL Defensive MVP.
  10. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,622 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You said this same crap the other night when you stated Mike Jenkins was a top 10 CB and I called you a homer.

You're really, really clueless. You should change your user name to "OpposingQB2Jenkins".
  11. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No actually you did. All you said basically was Jenkins sucks, I'm a homer, and we shouldn't resign him. I can't take people like that seriously
  12. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,622 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I listed off about 20 corners and you just said "that's debatable". What're you 12? Dear God...

You literally claimed you would take Jenkins over Asomugha. And I never made any comments about resigning Jenkins. You called him a top 10 corner and I laughed.

I'm all for resigning Jenkins. But if he wants top 10 corner money? I'd tell him to stop sharing the crack pipe with you. It would be quite apparent that you two have the same dealer.

I'm sorry, but anyone that thinks Mike Jenkins is a top 10 corner in the NFL is a total homer. And homer is an understatement. You'd be a crackhead.

Like I said, make a poll. Ask everyone on here if they agree with you. You'll be made fun of.
  13. RastaRocket

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    We have to give this team time. We were caught in an awkward moment when we found Romo. Old expiring team just hovering around for the early 2000's that Romo took over. They all died out as he began to reach his peak. Now our young core is beginning to take shape, and you can see the direction where we are going. Patience is a virtue...
  14. RastaRocket

5,908 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    I like where your going with this... :laugh2:
  15. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ware is the best and it's not really close. He's the best 3-4 OLB in the game. Sean Lee is MAYBE a fringe top 5 player at his position.
  16. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

2,056 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Jenkins is a borderline top 10 CB when healthy.

So its not much of a stretch.
  17. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Active Member

991 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Ware is not the best in the league. Yeah, he gets his sacks and all, but Clay Mathews has been an absolute BEAST this year.

I used to think he was overrated, but after watching the packers games this year, the dude cannot be stopped. It doesn't matter where he lines up, he completely overpowers anyone on the otherside. And he hits hard everytime he makes a tackle.

But back to the original question..... i think ware is better but the defense would take more of a hit without sean lee than without ware. Lee is the captain making all of the calls out there and he is always around the ball. If there is a fumble on a play in his area, he is the one recovering it. It's nice to see a cowboy player able to pick up fumbles for a change.
  18. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Active Member

991 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    We need to find a way to resign jenkins. He is WAY better than scandrick when healthy.

It's nice to have a defense with 3 corners that are able to match up against the other teams best receiver. Man am i glad newman is no longer here!!!!

Good luck passing on this defense as the season goes on and mo gets more experience. THe only thing i see us struggling with is guarding elite tight ends due to our safety issues.
  19. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I will not necessarily say it is not close but it is not a question who is better either, not only is Ware the best OLB in the league, he is also one of the best DE in the league. Sean Lee is a very good player and he does make an impact but everything an offense does is predicated on where Ware is lining up and Ware probably creates double the turnovers that Lee does as well.
  20. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,932 Messages
    995 Likes Received
    No he's not.